Sign in to follow this  

swingarm wont polish

so its been long awaited for this project to be done. well i get the swingarm on and well it looks like shit next to the polished frame. i used the same polishing technique on the swingarm as i did the frame. which is why i dont understand why it didnt polish. put oven cleaner on it twice and still no good. not even any oxidization coming off. what can i do to get this polished? sorry for the crappy photo i'll try to get some better ones tomorro with a real camera. swingarm looks worse then in this pic lol

frame.jpg

so its been long awaited for this project to be done. well i get the swingarm on and well it looks like shit next to the polished frame. i used the same polishing technique on the swingarm as i did the frame. which is why i dont understand why it didnt polish. put oven cleaner on it twice and still no good. not even any oxidization coming off. what can i do to get this polished? sorry for the crappy photo i'll try to get some better ones tomorro with a real camera. swingarm looks worse then in this pic lol

frame.jpg

You have to sand the paint off of the swinger first.

You have to sand the paint off of the swinger first.

Not on a Honda, you use oven cleaner, they are not painted, well not with a color that is, they are clear coated .

Rick, 🙂 don't know what to tell you, I have done 3 CR swingarms with oven cleaner so I am at a loss why it has not worked for you ?

Did you leave it on a good 20-30 minutes ?

I always did my oven cleaner treatment with swingarm off the machine though because it makes a heck of a mess being that I spray the whole arm so it really cleans,takes clear coat off and degreases it good.

What did you initially start sanding with. I think I hit mine with an orbital and 400 but mine was pretty rough.

What did you initially start sanding with. I think I hit mine with an orbital and 400 but mine was pretty rough.

i went with 400 to 6,8,1000,1500,2000