Sign in to follow this  

Smart Performance Review

I injured my foot and ankle badly in March and had to have total reconstructive surgery, so I took the down time as an opportunity to have Dave at Smart Performance do my suspension on an '08 YZ450. Dave was awesome to deal with and spent a lot of time talking to me about my riding ability, type of riding etc. I had Pro Action do my suspension initially so the work Dave did was after that, which required a decent amount of parts. I also run sub tanks and he made the appropriate chamber drilling to get those working well.

I got the forks and shock back, all very professionally wrapped, along with all of the parts he removed. I started back riding about a month ago and have been slowly regaining my speed after the 4 month lay off and could not be happier with Dave's work. The first thing I noticed is I don't get fatigued as quickly. I'm able to turn more laps and at improved times. The handling of the bike is definitely improved, particularly in the corners. I've had the bike on tracks and in the woods and it's performing great everywhere. I'm going to start making some clicker changes this weekend to further dial it in. I spoke with Dave yesterday and got some advice so I'll start there and fine tune it.

Overall, great service, communication, price, quality and performance. Anyone considering suspension work should give Dave a try.

Glad to hear you like the fluid. Dave is a top notch guy.

I totally agree with you on getting less fatigued. That fluid

is amazing.

jwaseman