Importing US exhaust for aussie drz400e

Have just purchased a new DRZ400e, have been looking at new exhausts and after looking at prices here for fulll system am not sure if it is worth it. The thumper store and several others offer full systems for half of the price of Australian stores delivered.

Has anyone in australia ordered one of these or do you know if they will fit without too much work?

Cost for yoshi SS full system is $460 US and $76 US for shipping so roughly AUD $575... compared to $950 to $1100 here in Australia (unfitted). At this price I should import them myself and sell them for $200 to $300 cheaper than the stores!

I think that they would fit but i just haven't heard of anyone doing it and as i don't have much experience want to make sure. Thanks for your reply. I have the 3x3 mod done, what else would i need to run properly, rejet or adjust needle? Thanks for the help.

Hey Benergy,

The OZ government might want 5% import duty on your pipe as there is duty payable on exhaust systems. Although I think if the value of the goods is less than $AU1000 it will probs just go through without any dramas,so keep the order under $1000 and get the exporter to mark on the box that it is a gift.

Otherwise you will be up for 10% gst as well as the 5% import duty.

From lessons learnt in the past.

Cheers

Mick

BTW, it is wrong that you or I can buy something from the other side of the world far cheaper than we can buy the same product here in OZ, especially now our dollar is so strong against the $US.

Ive bought a full FMF Q2 and Stainless Header from Thumpertalk and it was delivered within a fortnight. And was about half the price than any local supplier, and they said they didnt have one and it would be about 3-4 weeks delivery time!!!

Ive had nuthing with success with US ordering, infact i recieved my MSR 1" longer arms and brake leash's and fuel screw. And this took 6 days to be delivered to my door by FEDEX! Ive now imported just over $2600 worth of gear and never once been hit for tax of any kind!

• 2 weeks later...

Got my pipe yesterday from TT (powerbomb + Q2), 4 working days from order! faster than getting some pants from NSW. Ended up saving $300-$350 very happy!

Very happy with exhaust sounds awesome and saved a little weight, definately recommend using TT store A+ ?