Sign in to follow this  

TT getting sloooow?

I have been noticing lately that when I am trying to load a page from thumpertalk. Down in the bottom left corner it always pauses and says "waiting for www.thumpertalk.com"

Is this because there is to much stuff on TT or what? I don't think it is my internet because when I go on SMJ or other sites it is fast.

Anybody else notice this, Whats up?

I've noticed this also some days its fine and other days it seems to go really slow or not load at all. It seems to fix itself within a few minutes though

Iv'e noticed an overall change.Like some said,it was stated (in a thread)that they had started using a new system to keep spam and hackers at bay,but the overall effect makes the web page slower.

My wife builds web pages and says that this sites has a "lot going on per page"

It's either really fast, or does nothing. Not a big deal though. Comes back after a minute or two.

I have been noticing lately that when I am trying to load a page from thumpertalk. Down in the bottom left corner it always pauses and says "waiting for www.thumpertalk.com"

Is this because there is to much stuff on TT or what? I don't think it is my internet because when I go on SMJ or other sites it is fast.

Anybody else notice this, Whats up?

I've noticed it for the past 2-3 weeks or so. This week has been particularly bad from a performance standpoint.

It also does not help that they do not do any kind of thread dumps.. Some of the forums have like 50,000 threads and 49,000 of them are old as dirt and should be deleted. This would free up memory on the TT server thus alowing it to run faster

It also does not help that they do not do any kind of thread dumps.. Some of the forums have like 50,000 threads and 49,000 of them are old as dirt and should be deleted. This would free up memory on the TT server thus alowing it to run faster

But then a question thats already been answered can be looked up without starting a new thread. touche

We appreciate the help, but that was not the issue. Over the last 48 we've made some tweaks/optimization and it's running good now. So, we're monitoring it now. Seems much snappier.

with all of the traffic on this site the servers use up quite a lot of bandwidth. Bandwidth is not free, its expensive. One of the benefits of having the store and supporting that is that it contributes resources to "keep the lights on" so to speak. We all love this great forum, it actually is very fast considering the number of members and the amount of traffic it gets.