Sign in to follow this  

Aug. 10th AMRA Race, Monticello Utah

I've ridden every weekend since then and maybe 2-3 times a week this summer, on a 125. I think I can handle the B class.:D

Man, that much seat time you need to skip B and go straight to A.🙂

From what I've seen the couple times I've seen you ride, you've got plenty of speed to run at the front of the B's. The harescrambles are a little longer, and course is usually a lot more chopped up by the end of our races. The enduros/qualifiers are a lot longer, more technical, and more fun in the B's.

Not to brag but you will LOL Like I tell Alec and Chase it doesn't matter how fast you are if you can't keep it on 2 wheels. Maybe he was running his pace and stuck to it....just saying. Who knows.........I go for the bottom line thing....results.

Can ride Friday night but not going to.......going to go to GStone Sunday.

Yeah I did fall like ten times during that race:bonk: Doh! Yeah the kid is fast I need to race and back up what I type:busted:

GS is open on sundays?

From what I've seen the couple times I've seen you ride, you've got plenty of speed to run at the front of the B's. The harescrambles are a little longer, and course is usually a lot more chopped up by the end of our races. The enduros/qualifiers are a lot longer, more technical, and more fun in the B's.

Thanks Steve:blush:

Yeah thats gonna be a challenge on the ONE 2 Five. Hopefully I can get some more off road seat time here in the next month or two on it. The majority has been MX, I got sick of getting cactus stuck in me:foul: I think I'll shoot for the Krusher race this october and see what I can do:ride:

I have no doubt he can run with the B's.......I think the only reason he didn't was because of the religion thing.

Yeah I did fall like ten times during that race:bonk: Doh! Yeah the kid is fast I need to race and back up what I type:busted:

GS is open on sundays?

Thanks Steve:blush:

Yeah thats gonna be a challenge on the ONE 2 Five. Hopefully I can get some more off road seat time here in the next month or two on it. The majority has been MX, I got sick of getting cactus stuck in me:foul: I think I'll shoot for the Krusher race this october and see what I can do:ride:

Yep it is this Sunday. He is running bikes only on Saturday and quads and bikes on Sunday. Staying on the trail with tires on the ground eliminates part of that getting stuck with cacti thing 🙂:D

Not to brag or whatnot but I passed zach easy in the globe race but crashed and didnt have the strength to pass him back. That was with a sprained ankle. I've ridden every weekend since then and maybe 2-3 times a week this summer, on a 125. I think I can handle the B class.🙂

Can you ride friday night?

Hes gotten much faster. That race he was on his friends 98' cr250, since then he got an 08' yz250. You'll be in 200 B, so no 250's. If it's like C, then you'll be racing with about 3 other guys. LOL! you can always go for overall.

Sirhk,

Well, I lied. No ramp yet. Maybe this weekend though. I might be going to Phoenix, we'll see.

So how did you guys do? 🙂

Did they run you through the nice step-up in the back? I know they didn't for the last AMRA/Webe race but they did for the WORCS race. I nearly killed myself.. :D

me6.jpg

me7.jpg

Thats who that was! haha nice.

Hes gotten much faster. That race he was on his friends 98' cr250, since then he got an 08' yz250. You'll be in 200 B, so no 250's. If it's like C, then you'll be racing with about 3 other guys. LOL! you can always go for overall.

No big deal, I ride a 125 faster than on a 250:excuseme: . Im shooting for overall anyways. I dont mean to sound like Im talking trash about Zach, hell I wish I had his number so we could go ride:ride:

No big deal, I ride a 125 faster than on a 250:excuseme:

🙂 The heat must be getting to you.:D

A 125 would do fine a majority of the time assuming you're kind of built for the bike and not 300+ lbs or something.

Personally the biggest difference for me when I moved from C to B which was after my only race in the C class was the length. Granted, some of the terrain was a little more difficult but that wasn't the biggest issue for me. It was the endurance to do a race that was usually twice as long with some of the hardest stuff at the very end.

race was great fun. can't believe i got 40th of 70 in the c race, on a vintage oversized bike with a 5 gallon tank.

would love to do that race on my 300 instead.

I just wanted to pop in and thank Bob, Carl and Ken for their awesome hospitality while up in Monticello! Practice was a gooie mess but race day the track was epic....

I had a tough start... the bike choked and i was last off the line for my class...i caught and passed 7 guys before i fubar'd a turn into a tree..... first lap over 29 minutes but the last lap was just over 26 minutes so I know i could have done better without the sh*t start and bad crash.....

Thanks again guys for all the fun, food and camaraderie! oh and hauling my stuff all over the southwest! 🙂