Sign in to follow this  

I know this thread is worthless w/o pics.... well one so far

So I will post some as progress is made.

I'm just excited, too excited to get the bike back on the dirt!

I'm currently in the middle of my next round of mods after some downtime(summer heat here in California!).

This will include a 1 1/8" Pro taper bar, billet mounts, complete ASV controls, pro taper pillows, motion pro bearing throttle tube, 13t drive sprocket>>>

FINALLY PUTTING ON MY "HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU GO FASTER?" $1200 SET OF RIMS AND HUBS

<<<billet axle blocks, new left radiator:mad: , 2nd suspension upgrade, new Dunlop knobbies, tublis tire system, plus much more!

Also, gonna be shedding even more weight and I will have a final weight for you guys.

as of now it is 227.9 lbs. ready to ride no gas, hopefully the wheels and tublis system will get me to 225!

getting close to R territory (with a button!) people, will update Saturday!

pic of the bar upgrade.

damn tublis system still hasn't shown up yet:mad:

Picture795.jpg

Picture796.jpg

Sweet, man. Keep at it. Can't wait to see the pics! Make sure you do all the shiny stuff too, like engine plugs, brake reservoir caps, ignition and clutch covers, etc. It's gonna sparkle! 🙂

What rims and hubs? I can almost guarantee they will be heavier than stock.

excel a60's and eagle elite hubs with billet nipples. same tires and tubes, the excel/eagle set up is 12 oz lighter in front and 18 oz in the rear.

and the stock tires are halfway worn so i know that play a big factor in the weight.

although I went with a 110/90 instead of the stock 100/100 in the rear.

i have yet to install the tublis tire system to boot!

oh yes, i have done brake reservoir caps and billet brake anjo bolts and braided lines and billet clamps.

not sure if I will do engine plugs, probably just polish the stock ones:ride:

looks so much better in person!

I love the looks! I did it for function and form to go along with it, nice.

Gotta love the fat bar.

I did this upgrade for less than $200!

(ASV inventions on EBAY saved me over $100!)

I will post pics of the wheels, I'm trying to dismount the tires for my tublis system without scratching the wheels:banghead:

excel a60's and eagle elite hubs with billet nipples. same tires and tubes, the excel/eagle set up is 12 oz lighter in front and 18 oz in the rear.

and the stock tires are halfway worn so i know that play a big factor in the weight.

although I went with a 110/90 instead of the stock 100/100 in the rear.

i have yet to install the tublis tire system to boot!

Sounds like you've done your homework.

Be sure to use tire spoons not the cheap tire irons. I have a set from Cycle Gear that work great. You can also cut up a laundry detergent container and use pieces of that to protect the rim.

I haven't scratched my black rims from changing tires, rocks on the other hand...