Sign in to follow this  

Japanese or Chinese?

I have A crf50 and I'm just wondering what you guys ride and prefer

A chinese bike like an SSR brand or a Japanese bike like a Honda?

I'm sure everyone would prefer Honda but the prices are somewhat high but worthette so speak your mind

I have A crf50 and I'm just wondering what you guys ride and prefer

A chinese bike like an SSR brand or a Japanese bike like a Honda?

I'm sure everyone would prefer Honda but the prices are somewhat high but worthette so speak your mind

i would go japanese just cause the parts will be there later in life, for someone else down the road,

but the chinese bikes have come along way and i dont think the first big name comes out and starts running right up with the honda's yamahas etc.

i would go japanese just cause the parts will be there later in life, for someone else down the road,

but the chinese bikes have come along way and i dont think the first big name comes out and starts running right up with the honda's yamahas etc.

I do 100% agree

I have one of each. Both serve their purpose perfectly. My son's KLX110 is perfect for him and I love my Pitster X4.

I think do some research. you will find china haters and lovers,same with jap bikes but one thing is for sure if you get a jap bike buy used you can find good deals. if you go chinese make sure you select a well known brand and buy from a known dealer.

I have both,a Piranha 140 & a CRF50.I got the 07 CRF for $710 off ebay & the Piranha for $800 off ebay,both are good bikes so it just depends on what you want.

Its all preference and how deep your pockets are....:D

the Newer China bikes (2007 & ^) that are being produced have quality control, and attention to detail. and are very reliable under race conditions....🙂

i wouldn't trade my aluminum frame and swingarm inverted forks and 125cc engine for a honda crf50 if that's what you're asking

but a 50 has it's use and is still fun as crud, i've been thinking about buying a used japanese 50 for a while

i wouldn't trade my aluminum frame and swingarm inverted forks and 125cc engine for a honda crf50 if that's what you're asking

but a 50 has it's use and is still fun as crud, i've been thinking about buying a used japanese 50 for a while

Dont worry,no one wants your Chinese engine,let alone the fact it's used by you 🙂:D

Dont worry,no one wants your Chinese engine,let alone the fact it's used by you :D:worthy:

Bring it, michigan's pretty close, i'll make you eat those words 🙂

by the way don't start a japanese versus chinese thread just so you can try to knock people who own chinese bikes

Bring it, michigan's pretty close, i'll make you eat those words :D

by the way don't start a japanese versus chinese thread just so you can try to knock people who own chinese bikes

Zip 48323, let me know when you're in the area :banghead: and im in no way possible trying to bash on people who own chinese bikes, myself in fact and a couple other friends have owned SSR's and Pitster bikes.I clearly stated that no one would be interested in your Chinese parts used by you :worthy: Don't come in here and say how you won't trade your forks for a CRF50 because it takes a 🙂 all over your bike.I in fact just happen to be making a purchase on an SSR as well so byebye.:ride:

Zip 48323, let me know when you're in the area :ride: and im in no way possible trying to bash on people who own chinese bikes, myself in fact and a couple other friends have owned SSR's and Pitster bikes.I clearly stated that no one would be interested in your Chinese parts used by you :D Don't come in here and say how you won't trade your forks for a CRF50 because it takes a 🙂 all over your bike.I in fact just happen to be making a purchase on an SSR as well so byebye.:worthy:

Chill dog. Don't make it personal and i won't get personal with you.

You took the first swing by insinuating that i don't maintain my bikes or that i abuse my bikes in some way

I was just trying to make a point that i PREFER my 125 chinese race bike to a stock crf50

I also made it a point to state that stock 50 bikes are still cool and i'd consider buying one

Chill dog. Don't make it personal and i won't get personal with you.

You took the first swing by insinuating that i don't maintain my bikes or that i abuse my bikes in some way

I was just trying to make a point that i PREFER my 125 chinese race bike to a stock crf50

I also made it a point to state that stock 50 bikes are still cool and i'd consider buying one

Nothings personal, it's an internet forum 🙂 lol, i'm just messin around wit cha. I was just stating my personal opinion that i wouldn't trade my bike for ur forks. The End. continue this in PM if u feel the need

I own a 03 xr50 with like 4 grand in it and love the thing.I beat the crap out of it every day i rode it! I just got a 08 pitster x4. I think the bike is great. It with no doubt out everythings the xr50 but its in another class all together. Think of how much dough you would have to spent to get a jap 110 to be like the x4. The only big question is will the china bike hold up like the japs? Im 180 and VERY hard on my minis! Ive hit 10' drops and 30' gaps on the xr50 almost every time i ride it. Since 03 when I got it new it starts on the first kick and never wants to stop. Will my pitster do that in five years? I hope so.