Sign in to follow this  

New chest protector

Just picked up a Thor Sentinel protector yesterday ...

So far I'm liking the slim fit. A little unsure about my shoulders being unprotected especially with all the brushed in stuff we ride here ... but I could always take parts off the old chest protector and drill them into the new one. 🙂

I like those too but when I tried one on like 2-3 years ago it seems me torso is too short and it would probably ride up when I sat down. 🙂

:worthy: id rock it! trip the compettition up 🙂

I need all the help I can get on the bomb run starts, lol. A little confusion from the chest protector might just give me the edge I need to get a good start.

I didn't do too bad this year with my starts ... but shoot, I've been riding mtn stuff all summer and not dez stuff. I think I forgot how to ride in sand. :D

The chest protector worked awesome. I didn't have any trouble with it wanting to ride up. The only thing I ran into was my camelbak sliding around off my shoulders. Mark found an easy fix ... Sat we just taped one side to my chest protector and on Sun Mark found some string that we used instead of tape, lol. The string worked best cuz then I could just un tie it when I wanted to take my pack off.

The chest protector worked awesome. I didn't have any trouble with it wanting to ride up. The only thing I ran into was my camelbak sliding around off my shoulders. Mark found an easy fix ... Sat we just taped one side to my chest protector and on Sun Mark found some string that we used instead of tape, lol. The string worked best cuz then I could just un tie it when I wanted to take my pack off.

Check into velcro straps. You should be able to find some at a hardware store or in an electronics store. They use them for everything. It would be convenient and easier for you to use by yourself (I can't imagine it would be easy to tie something up on your shoulder). You could attach the straps to your chest protector so they would always be there and ready to use. 🙂

Check into velcro straps. You should be able to find some at a hardware store or in an electronics store. They use them for everything. It would be convenient and easier for you to use by yourself (I can't imagine it would be easy to tie something up on your shoulder). You could attach the straps to your chest protector so they would always be there and ready to use. :D

Mark mentioned the velcro straps too.

Altho ... I think he liked it when I asked if he could tie me, lol. 🙂

I like your idea of attaching the shoulder pieces from your old chest protector - would probably help keep your Camelback in place as well as give you more protection. Your can buy rivets plus the tool to put them in, or use zip ties....?

does your camelback have one of the buckles that snaps across your chest? that might work.

Jat, im curious as to what kind of camelback you have. i plan on racing a junior enduro at the end of august and there are so many different types out there! do i skimp and buy a cheap one or should i buy a nice one? how much liquid does yours hold? thanks 🙂

does your camelback have one of the buckles that snaps across your chest? that might work.

Jat, im curious as to what kind of camelback you have. i plan on racing a junior enduro at the end of august and there are so many different types out there! do i skimp and buy a cheap one or should i buy a nice one? how much liquid does yours hold? thanks 🙂

Yup, mine buckles across the chest which helps ... but not enough, lol.

I have the Hawg camelbak. It holds 100 oz's of water and I pack quite a few tools also. My pack is pretty darn heavy, lol. The time I took everything out is when I needed it most. I learned my lesson the hard way.

FYI ... I used to have a pretty cheap one from Walmart that worked OK ... but didn't hold enough water for me.

I like your idea of attaching the shoulder pieces from your old chest protector - would probably help keep your Camelback in place as well as give you more protection. Your can buy rivets plus the tool to put them in, or use zip ties....?

I kinda like the idea of not having shoulder pieces after wearing the new chest protector. I have more movement of my arms, lol. I may change my mind at some point tho ... especially if it feels like I'm getting beat to hell from the Idaho brush. 🙂

Dare I ask what you were doing with Apache helicopters in the background???

Don't forget the Blackhawk too. 🙂

They flew in sometime Sat I think and while we were all getting ready for a trail ride Sun morning... they decided to depart. It was so cool!!

i think im going to get a sentenial. that would be 3 chest protectors :D i heard they fit so well with the leatts. and my leatt and fox CP isnt workin out. bummin

thor-motocross-chest-protectors-sen.jpg

is that the one you got :worthy:

hhhhmmmmmm:thinking: that reminds me of the movie "Racing Stripes" that cp is WILD 🙂