Ride Report: Father/Daughter Trip to Southern Oregon

Last week we were in Southern Oregon for a family reunion (I'm originally from Medford. OR). While we were there I had the privilege of Kayaking down the Rogue River and doing some dirt biking at John's Peak and Prospect, all with my 13 year-old daughter Victoria.

Just a few pics:

JOHN'S PEAK

We only spent about four hours at John's peak. Next year we will try to devote at least two days here to really explore the area.

Staged

TheClausenFamilystriptoOregon211.jpg

On the trail

TheClausenFamilystriptoOregon218.jpg

TheClausenFamilystriptoOregon220.jpg

TheClausenFamilystriptoOregon222.jpg

I love fender shots

TheClausenFamilystriptoOregon226.jpg

PROSPECT

The Prospect OHV area is spectacular in its natural beauty. I would not want to ride this area in large groups this time of year, however, as dust was insane. Most of the time I let my daughter lead and I rode very close to stay out of her dust.

We camped at River Bridge on the Upper Rogue for two days and Rode Trails 3, 32 up to huckleberry and Red Blanket on the first day and then made a big loop of Trail 2, 49 and 65 on the second day. My daughter is really becoming a competent trail rider. I wish I could get her on to a bigger bike, but she really loves that TTR 125 for its trail manners and lightness.

Near Huckleberry Campground

TheClausenFamilystriptoOregon250.jpg

TheClausenFamilystriptoOregon251.jpg

TheClausenFamilystriptoOregon253.jpg

TheClausenFamilystriptoOregon254.jpg

TheClausenFamilystriptoOregon255.jpg

Our Camp at River Bridge

TheClausenFamilystriptoOregon256.jpg

Coming off of trail 2 taking a break. One thing I liked about this area was how the trails are comprised of single or two track that spill out onto logging roads (some retired/some not). It was nice to have an occasional break to cool down

TheClausenFamilystriptoOregon267.jpg

TheClausenFamilystriptoOregon268.jpg

The old man

TheClausenFamilystriptoOregon271.jpg

My 4 year-old on her 50

TheClausenFamilystriptoOregon266.jpg

Thanks for letting me share.

Tim

• Like 2

I used to live between Eugene and Corvallis. In a small town called Monroe.

Highway 99 went right through it. If you had your eyes closed long enough you would miss the town.

The riding there was epic. Always rode in the trees and was always wet. Trials tires worked real good.

Would like to move back.

Oregonian born and raised. My whole mom's side of the family is still in Corvallis. I know where Monroe is since I spent a summer working on a grass seed farm out of Peoria ?

I want to take my wife one of these days and camp and ride all up and down the cascades and coastal range again I miss those parts of Oregon, I even miss the rain a little bit :D just not all the time.

:worthy::ride::banghead:

Nothing is better then trips like that. Over the years I have done a lot of guy rides. Super fun doing those with the guys. But I have to say some of the best rides I have done have been with my daughter and my wife.

Thanks a lot for posting up the pictures. ?:D

It looks very nice. The fam and I were supposed to go to the valley and ride in June, but we didn't have the gas money. I'm waiting. I always see gorgeous pics from there. We went to Albany in March but didn't have our bikes. Next time maybe.

Kim

:ride::banghead: :banghead:

Nothing is better then trips like that. Over the years I have done a lot of guy rides. Super fun doing those with the guys. But I have to say some of the best rides I have done have been with my daughter and my wife.

I couldn't agree more and my daughter is only 4yo. I could say that my best ride never left the staging area. My then 3yo daughter rode her Dora Quad (last quad she will ever own :worthy: ) through the puddles in the kiddie track. She's almost ready to test the KDX50 in those same puddles.

Great RR and pix.

:worthy::ride::banghead:

Thanks. I totally agree.

That's awesome! I have a 13 y.o. daughter witha ttr125 too, but she doesn't like riding too much :banghead:

HPIM1978-1.jpg

Maybe she just needs another 13-year old to ride with. We should put a kiddie ride together when the weather cools down. My kids love Ocotillo

That's awesome! I have a 13 y.o. daughter witha ttr125 too, but she doesn't like riding too much ?

HPIM1978-1.jpg

I feel ya, my 14 year old daughters bike is collecting dust.:D Why do us guys have to be so dam interesting and mysterious to the ladies?....:worthy: