Sign in to follow this  

2005 KLR 250 Motard

Has anybody tried doing this? Any thoughts (besides "don't bother", etc.,etc.) I'm looking for constructive ideas, not 1,000 reasons not to... I have a great low mileage KLR to use for a test bed. I was toying with the idea of some street tires and maybe different sprockets... something low cost and possibly fun!

Only positive thoughts please. Another bike is out of the question. I want to play with the toys I have.

PS: It's not for racing, it's just for tooling around on. 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Gerry

I did it with my klx, go for it I ride it much more now then with the knobbies.🙂

I bought some Michellin Scorpio tires and love it. I've put almost 3000 miles on my bike in the past 8 months or so since I have had the tires mounted up. All I did was tires....no new wheels, re-laced hubs, or new rims. Suspension is stock, as is gearing (It's a KLX250s...so stock gearing is on the high side anyway).

Cheers

Pullin'

• Like 1

Hey Pullin', what are your sprocket sizes (if you know...) Thats one thing I may change if I do it.

Gerry

I bought some Michellin Scorpio tires and love it. I've put almost 3000 miles on my bike in the past 8 months or so since I have had the tires mounted up. All I did was tires....no new wheels, re-laced hubs, or new rims. Suspension is stock, as is gearing (It's a KLX250s...so stock gearing is on the high side anyway).

Cheers

Pullin'

Aloha Pullin'

I just bought a 2006 KLX 250, and I'd like to put street tires on it too. What size and make of tires are you running?

Cheers

Pullin'

Hey Pullin', what are your sprocket sizes (if you know...) Thats one thing I may change if I do it.

Gerry

Stock gearing is 14/42 on the KLX250