Sign in to follow this  

handling issues tt600 yamaha

I am an old guy (64) that still rides. I have a 1983 tt600 that is giving me some problems. In corners on both hard pack and sand the front end pushes very badly and wants to wash out. I have old tires but these cannot be the only problem. Any suggestions ?

The bike handles pretty good in a straight line over whoops and jumps. Being heavy it does not like to get much air. It does stay straight. However I have to be careful withe the throttle. If I screw it on the rear wheel spins without getting any traction. The bike has good power but it should bite and not just spin. It throws a lot of dirt. Again the tire is old, but has good tread. I dont think the tire could be the total problem

Any ideas and suggestions on how I can get the front end to stick better and reduce rear wheel spin and get more bite would be appreciated. While I am 64 years old I did ride AMA class C as an expert and held top ten number plates in the desert for many years. I'm old but not real slow.

Thanks

Jack

It seems you like the tt600. I looked back, and you have several posts for this bike. I would suspect that even if you had the best tires on the planet, the bike would still push in the corners. That's how they handled in the good old days. But anyway, start with brand new tires and see what happens.