Sign in to follow this  

Edge Tail Light

I recently bought and installed a DRC Edge tail light and after seeing other bike pics and comments i see that mine is mounted under the subframe instead of on top but it doesn't fit properly up there.. are there two different versions of the tail light?? i'm thinking i have some old stock or there are two brands of edge tail lights.. 🙂 i'll try to get some pics up soon

after looking up drc.. didn't know they had a website.. i have been sold the plastic kit that doesn't fit the drz instead of the aluminum one.. dammit when ppl don't know their product

There are 2 types a USA type and a European type. The difference is the mounting holes for the plate. Are you sure you installed it correctly? I installed the euro one on my USA bike and had to redrill holes in the plate. I also cut part of the mounting bracket off to save weight.

i walked into the dealership to buy something else.. while i was there i just said.. do you have a tail light for my bike by any chance?? they said yes we have your light.. and i thought sweet i like these guys.. but no.. i don't

since i live in canada it's not always the best idea to order from the states but there's so much selection it's hard to find that here.

Bought the same edge light for my DRZ - it does fit but the plastic needs to be modified with a stanley knife.

I managed to make mine fit perfectly, just cut the sides away and then it should slot in just under the mudguard. 10 minute job.

Bought the same edge light for my DRZ - it does fit but the plastic needs to be modified with a stanley knife.

I managed to make mine fit perfectly, just cut the sides away and then it should slot in just under the mudguard. 10 minute job.

i'll give it a shot as i have already modified it to fit as it is.. so i doubt they would accept a return.. do you have any pics doc? also, which blinkers do you use???