Sign in to follow this  

Engine Stall

I have a question about my 2007 Honda CRF150RB. When I am hard on the gas in second gear and when attempting to slow down, pulling the clutch in and switching into 1st gear my bike stalls and I have to "pop" the clutch in order to revive the motor. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks,

We test drove an ricered out '89 Honda CRX a week or two ago and it did the same. We didnt buy it.

I have a question about my 2007 Honda CRF150RB. When I am hard on the gas in second gear and when attempting to slow down, pulling the clutch in and switching into 1st gear my bike stalls and I have to "pop" the clutch in order to revive the motor. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks,

well first of all you shouldnt be even using first gear on that bike, it is more then capable of doing secong gear starts, all the kids who race start in second gear on that bike,

THE only time you should be using first gear is if you stop on a hill, and then have to start off again going up it.

more then likely you are flooding it from the higher rpms on 2nd then down to first,

DO NOT SHIFT INTO FIRST when coming to a stop second is ok, but usually you can pull to a stop in any gear with your clutch pulled in and then shift it while you are at a stop,

If you need any tips at all let me know,

Good Luck

Thank you very much! I use to ride two stroke YZ, this is my first 4 stroke and it has a totally different feel and power is more predictable.