Sign in to follow this  

96 XT 350 top end being rebulit

Well time to rebuild my XT 350. I will need to get the cylinder bored out for my new Wiseco 1.5mm over piston. New oil pump, all new seals, new cam chain, crank seal. I think thats it. I have a Supertrapp ids2 pipe its pretty loud though but not too bad. I was wondering when I have it 1.5mm over stock how many cc will it be. I might jet the carb too and mod the air box. If I jetted it with my setup what jets should I use?

Well wish me luck on the rebuild.

Brian

luck to you buddy. i just got the head back for mine last week. did more stuff than you are (other than oil pump). piston is going 1st over stock yammy piston (too many night mares with weisco in sleds), stainless steel valves (check your valve guides close), titanium springs and retainers, custom cam grind, port job/cleanup and a krummer stainless steel headpipe to meet up with my supertrapp.

i know you need to shim the needle in the primary carb (left one sitting on bike) otherwise you will have a midrange bog/stutter. i am sorry i cannot tell you what jet i have in mine for a main atm as i had it done by the dealer but there is a thread on a xt350 in here that describes how to drill out the stock jets to get the size you need as it took a month for the dealer to get me mine. i have a thread with pic's in the dual sport yamaha section of the tear down i started in april.

finally have all the parts to put it back together. hopefully that will happen this weekend. pissed me off enought that i bought a wr250x though. i shure hope it is worth it.

just a little hint, remove the clutch ball bearing and the key from the crank as soon as you have them apart. i lost the ball for mine and now have to find it before i can button it back up.