Sign in to follow this  

’08 4Fiddy prerequisites?

Hey crew,

I was hoping to hold out and get an ’09 injected Kawi 450, but my suzi 450 is about to cost me some coin so its got to go . . . my local dealer is going to cut me a good deal on the ’08 so I cant complain.

As a few of you have been ripping around on the ‘08’s for a while now I was just wondering what bits and pieces require immediate attention.

Eg: The exhaust is a shocker and got to go . . .

Has anyone found a good oil composite for the trannie so minimise the false neutral between 2nd & 3rd?

Any setup pointers would be much appreciated, as its mid season hear in Australia and need to get the Kawi pinging asap.

Thanks,

Gino

Gidday Gino

I put a Two Brothers full system on mine which i can not fault they are very well made every mounting point lined up spot on and finish is second to none....

and i use motul 300v and don't have any problems with false neutral's

as for other stuff just the usual stuff change the chain and sprockets and change the tyres straight away it will be a different bike with good tyres

Cheers

Well search through the FAQ, lots of good stuff in here.

Off the top of my head...

- You can try moving the shifter up a tooth or two, that's cured the false neutral for a lot of people (not me though 🙂 )

- I think just about any decent aftermarket pipe will sound better than the clapped out stocker lol, I went for a PC Ti-4 GP (much quieter than stock).

- Hotstart will probably end up getting stuck, just gotta WD it, get it out and lube it up.

- Stock chain/sprockets won't last long, DID x-ring will fit without rubbing the case.

- Going to a 110 in the rear and a 100 in the front makes the bike handle much better.

Thanks for the heards up guys, its always good to get first hand accounts of items that need adjustment/changing straight up.