Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse Pro with 2 finger overide

I just installed the pro kit / 2 finger override / LHRB / hot start on my 08 wr250f. It failed the no-go guage so I put the thicker .060 plate on and did the break in. I have tried everything but cannot feel the play for setting the 2 finger clutch when reving in N >4500 rpm. What I did next was set the clutch adjustment so when I blip the throttle with the clutch in there is no pull forward. That is all I could think to do.

When I did the adjustment with the original clutch lever, I could feel it. Now, with the little 2 finger lever, I just can't feel it!

Any suggestions appreciated!!!

Jerry

I just installed the pro kit / 2 finger override / LHRB / hot start on my 08 wr250f. It failed the no-go guage so I put the thicker .060 plate on and did the break in. I have tried everything but cannot feel the play for setting the 2 finger clutch when reving in N >4500 rpm. What I did next was set the clutch adjustment so when I blip the throttle with the clutch in there is no pull forward. That is all I could think to do.

When I did the adjustment with the original clutch lever, I could feel it. Now, with the little 2 finger lever, I just can't feel it!

Any suggestions appreciated!!!

Jerry

when you rev the motor to over 4500rpm's and pull in the clutch you dont feel any resistance? i had the same problem so i had to tighten the clutch cable. it was very very loose b/c when i removed it i loosened it all the way to make it easier to remove at the engine.

call rukluse helpdesk on Monday if you dont get it fixed by then.

id like to have that set up eventually. but it's not cheap!

As far as I know, there is supposed to be play in the lever only when idling. It tightens up as soon as you rev up the motor. At least thats how it is on my WR 450.

Do you have play in lever at idle?

As far as I know, there is supposed to be play in the lever only when idling. It tightens up as soon as you rev up the motor. At least thats how it is on my WR 450.

Do you have play in lever at idle?

According to my instructions, play is set in N and >4500 rpm.

makes sense, you want to make sure the manual clutch is not engaged while the auto clutch is engaged, that would be slipping all the time

I've set my manual 2 finger clutch "play" just by determining when it's engaged and not engaged, then I did the 3rd gear test....5 mph in 3rd, press brake and throttle and see if it bogges, bog is good, accel of engine = slipping

I still can't "feel" the "play", my fingers are lame!

I'll call Recluse again....

So far test rides are unbelievable!

Super slow up steep hills in first gear

Super slow downhill with 2 fingers on LHRB and 1 finger on RHFB (even bias) and auto clutch doing it's job when locking rear brake and engine braking kicking in when LHRB released!

I can't wait for the next challenge!

Jerry