Sign in to follow this  

'92 CR250 or a '99 KDX220?

Hey guys i was wondering what your take is on these two options and why. I guess i'm looking for pros and cons for each bike.

1. 1992 CR250 $1000 Rebuilt

or

2. 1999 KDX 220 $1600

Mostly trail riding for me here. Any mods for these bikes that would help?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

my buddy has a early 90s kdx says its a great trail bike... ive ridden it too very nice bike.. i have an 02 cr250... if youre gonna be mostly trail riding the kdx is better... taller first gear, trail ridiing suspension, a lot less tiring than the cr

nooooo, no woods bike is worthy compared to a 250 2t,

wr's are pretty nice though.....and the klx 300's...and ktm exc's

• Like 1

Hard Call. I've got both right now. A 97 KDX 200 & 91 CR250. I've had the KDX for three + years & the CR for less than 1. The KDX has the nod for ease of use & no suprises. But the dated suspension is lacking once you wick it up. I picked up the CR for a Song & dance (I Don't do Either) as a Cinders/Glamis runner. I can't believe the increase in manageable power & torque over KDX. I took it on the Nastiest ST Sycamore could dish out & it hardly spun a tire when I needed traction yet loft the front wheel in fourth down a sand-wash when needed. 🙂 The CR has a Pro-Circuit pipe, FMF turbinecore & 12oz FFW. KDX has an FMF pipe & TurbinecoreII, Kiehin35 Airstryker carb. At this point I might Dual sport the KDX for the Short commutes to work but I honestly like the torque & the ability to short shift the CR & let the motor lug you thru the ST.

91cr2501.jpg

91cr250.jpg