Sign in to follow this  

TT FCR in the mail

Well I broke down and purchased a TT FCR carb kit. Eddie approved. It's on it's way to my house, maybe tomorrow when I get home after my Palomar ride it will be waiting for me. I just want to know, for those of you that have switched from the stock Mikuni to the Keihin FCR did you feel a noticable difference in power? How well does it idle? Looks tight in there, not much room in the engine dept. after it's installed.

there's like 340,000 posts on this.

Well I broke down and purchased a TT FCR carb kit. Eddie approved. It's on it's way to my house, maybe tomorrow when I get home after my Palomar ride it will be waiting for me. I just want to know, for those of you that have switched from the stock Mikuni to the Keihin FCR did you feel a noticable difference in power? How well does it idle? Looks tight in there, not much room in the engine dept. after it's installed.

of course there is a noticeable difference in power and throttle response and it can idle really well.every circuit in that carb is tunable.that's the nice thing about the fcr in general especially the newer mx.but all that is contingent upon how well it is set up and tuned.like doing the 0-ring mod or merge ap spring and checking ap squirt timing and duration.

read as much as you can about tuning the mx to get as familiar as possible with it when it arrives.maybe consider getting an extended fuel screw and perhaps a few jetting tools or spare jets to ease tuning etc.tape and mark your throttle and take careful notes during testing to fall back on in the event you make a mistake to avoid confusion.

it is a tight fit but if you follow the install thread in the faq forum it will go really well as long as you have common sense and are not a ham fisted hack.