Sign in to follow this  

bike running waay too hot?

hey guys.. i just got a question.. does anyone elses bike ( mine being a 01 yz250f.) run too hot? im not sure if mine is or not..it runs awesome even after many laps..but when i come back in to pit and shut the bike off.. i can hear the gas like..boiling in the carb or gas tank from the extreme heat..is this normal? is it affecting performance to a degree? just wonderin.. 🙂

well i donno if its when ur sitting on it but when u sit on the bike it pushes down on the gas tank and it makes a like sucking type of sound.... that might be what u here

Are you sure it's not the coolant? Mine makes the same noise as the engine starts cooling down and the coolant goes back into the reservoir.

If it runs hot, it will spew coolant out the overflow. I put a small shampoo catch bottle on my bike and ran the tube into that, just zip tied it on the left side rad hose and ran a loop up over the hose to keep it from falling down. It catches about an inch of fluid overflow if I let the bike sit and idle without moving (once its hot that is). As the rad cools off, it sucks the fluid back in just like the WR or a car catch tank will do. Look on the ground and see if its spewing fluid out on the ground, that's an indicator of running hot. Does bring up an issue, I don't know if these things have a thermostat. When I searched the .pdf manual, it didn't find it.

WR Captain sweeet lookin KTM!! 🙂 Is it your new ride?

yeah, chaparral was selling them for 2,000 less and after tax and license it came out to 50 dollars off the msrp. :D

i really wish yamaha made a 6speed 450... but they didn't... so now its halloween everyday in my garage.

btw, I sold my WR250F for 3,700 minus some parts 1 1/2 days after I listed it, guy woke me up at 8a.m. with a phone call. so far i've gotten 4,100 from the bike total. I was happy about that

🙂 Wow, awesome deal!! :D Too bad you couldn't keep the blue bike!! LOL, At least you got a 450, oh yea and with a sixth gear! Yamaha should make their WR's with a sixth gear. :worthy:

🙂 Wow, awesome deal!! :D Too bad you couldn't keep the blue bike!! LOL, At least you got a 450, oh yea and with a sixth gear! Yamaha should make their WR's with a sixth gear. :worthy:

if they did, i would still be blue. yamaha is the best handling bike at high speeds baring just the big red piggy. I got the 450 so it could be quiet, and I wouldn't have to punish it, and they were sold out of the 530.

but hey, there is another yamaha in its spot right now. a RZ350 YPVS racebike, my KTM is in the big garage. the RZ is my friends, he had to unload it out of his truck so I could put my bike in to go riding. we ended up just riding around the huge parking lot at the cirtrus plaza in redlands waiting for his truck to get washed.

then someone pulled out infront of me, I hit my brakes like i was on my wr, and, well, i've never had both tires lock up and skid for 20 feet, those brembo's are quite strong for the street

if they did, i would still be blue. yamaha is the best handling bike at high speeds baring just the big red piggy. I got the 450 so it could be quiet, and I wouldn't have to punish it, and they were sold out of the 530.

but hey, there is another yamaha in its spot right now. a RZ350 YPVS racebike, my KTM is in the big garage. the RZ is my friends, he had to unload it out of his truck so I could put my bike in to go riding. we ended up just riding around the huge parking lot at the cirtrus plaza in redlands waiting for his truck to get washed.

then someone pulled out infront of me, I hit my brakes like i was on my wr, and, well, i've never had both tires lock up and skid for 20 feet, those brembo's are quite strong for the street

Does this mean you will eventually ride a blue bike again? Haha!!! I agree Yamahas are the best handeling at high speeds. My dad traded his yz450f for a 06 kx250f, the kx wanders all over the place compared to his yz450f and my yz250f. I thought about getting a kx250f, but i might get an 08 yz250f instead and keep my 06.

Does this mean you will eventually ride a blue bike again? Haha!!! I agree Yamahas are the best handeling at high speeds. My dad traded his yz450f for a 06 kx250f, the kx wanders all over the place compared to his yz450f and my yz250f. I thought about getting a kx250f, but i might get an 08 yz250f instead and keep my 06.

yeah, I love yamaha's, they are awesome machines.

mine always ran cool, got me everywhere. stone reliable. handled awesome.

but times have changed, and yamaha hasn't changed with them, and that lead me down to halloween town 🙂

yeah, I love yamaha's, they are awesome machines.

mine always ran cool, got me everywhere. stone reliable. handled awesome.

but times have changed, and yamaha hasn't changed with them, and that lead me down to halloween town :worthy:

At least your having fun!! That's all what counts!!!! :D🙂