Sign in to follow this  

Stolen motorcycle. i need opinions.

ive posted other threads but main guideline. roomate stole bike. guy bought bike. guy traded bike for a streetbike. and now hes selling the street bike. police report is out already and wondering what i could do. main thought was go look at it and get that bikes vin. after that run vin to see who last owner was and they would have my bike. any suggestions?

ive posted other threads but main guideline. roomate stole bike. guy bought bike. guy traded bike for a streetbike. and now hes selling the street bike. police report is out already and wondering what i could do. main thought was go look at it and get that bikes vin. after that run vin to see who last owner was and they would have my bike. any suggestions?

That's what I would do after I finished dumping the corpse of the roomate in a shallow grave in the state forest.🙂

And once you get the bike back, tie a rope to it. Then tie the other end of the rope around your roomates ankle. Then go for a ride.

1) Do you own the bike? Is it titled in your (your family's) name?

2) Do you know where it's at now?

3) Do you know who the guy is that traded your bike?

4) Do you know who received the bike in the trade?

5) How do you know the roommate stole it?

There's alot of questions unanswered. Contact the police department where you filed the theft report and speak with the detective who has your case. That would be the best place to start. Beware of any advice that you may get from any Internet forum or people who think that they 'know' what to do. After 13 years as a police officer, I've found that there are alot of mis-informed folks out there. Good luck!

I agree, this is a good plan for the detective to carry out.

So, uhm uh uhm, what's the question here? Guy steals bike, guy falls off cliff?

That's what I would do after I finished dumping the corpse of the roomate in a shallow grave in the state forest.🙂
around here it mine shafts:thumbsup:and you don't have to dig:smirk:

i would go right after the roomate, i would devote a lot of time in to making the score even.

if you do not have the title bill or sale or some other evidence of ownership, you are screwed.

1) Do you own the bike? Is it titled in your (your family's) name?

2) Do you know where it's at now?

3) Do you know who the guy is that traded your bike?

4) Do you know who received the bike in the trade?

5) How do you know the roommate stole it?

There's alot of questions unanswered. Contact the police department where you filed the theft report and speak with the detective who has your case. That would be the best place to start. Beware of any advice that you may get from any Internet forum or people who think that they 'know' what to do. After 13 years as a police officer, I've found that there are alot of mis-informed folks out there. Good luck!

1.yes.

2. Did

3 yes

4. no

5. he wrote a note saying he did then split out of town

Title is in your name? Then you own the bike.

Go find it. Post pictures on all of the internet sites with the vin numbers for the motor and frame. Craigslist or where ever. Offer a reward.

Remember this about the police (at least where I live). Their job is NOT to prevent or solve crime. Their job is create revenue for the City or County where they work.

Drive 5 mph over the speed limit or drink two beers and drive home. That is dollars for the system.

Recovering your bike creates little revenue and would cost the City or County money to put some one in the pokie:excuseme: . Not good for the City of County.

The more bikes and cars stollen the more job security. If they steal enough of your crap the police will tire of them and become pro-active about the time the criminals are embolden and start to become dangerous.

I posted the people who stoled my bike on youtube under Sacramento Thieves. I even went so far as to find the name of the girl in one vidio who would lead the Coppers to the guys who stolled my bike. I had a tip come in and found the guys paroll officers name who had one guys file that would take a lunch hour to read. The police say that is not the guy because he is to skinny in the vidio. Uh, He is a tweeker! Of course he is thinner now then when you had him in the pokie:bonk: .

Maybe when the cops are draging a large body of water trying to solve a more serious crime they will come across your property:prof: .

Good luck. I say shoot em with salt rock and sort it our in the emergancy room later. Of course I have been ripped off for about $16,000.00 worth of property in the last four years and my take may be tainted:banghead: .