Turbo anyone?

I would like to turbo an SM of any manufacturer. I am already a dealer for a turbo company so we can get parts cheep. I'm not sure if i am crossing any lines here, but I'm not looking to make any money on this first one, this is just r&D. I'll market the finished product on my own website, I was just hoping that someone with a few grand would like to turbo a super moto, I know unkle bob did it, but i have a few different approches i'd like to try. Lets see if this goes and again, i appoligize in advance if i am breaking any rules here.

thanks,

MB

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure we would be able to keep it carbureted, but I'll need to do a little research to make sure which one we need. Also, the way I'd like to mount it we probably wouldn't need an intercooler but hell, it would be cool to put one on! so I'm all for it.

I can't talk prices on the forum my dealer wouldn't like that, but PM me and we'll go into details.

again, this is not to make any money now, this is just R&D and Fun!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember the Seca Turbo....ran really good, but a dog down low. Cool old bike...ahead of it's time though.

I've thought of the idea also, but one question. Is there a turbo small enough to boost up efficiently from 1 cylinder? I know turbos come in all sizes, from tiny units to gargantuan behemoths.

Seems a little supercharger would give a big boost to the low-end, a turbo would be more for mid/top end.

Anyway, power is power. I'd like to see what you come up with....and I hope it's successful.

• 3 weeks later...

with the right carb set up and jetting it will keep up, I've decided the first bike I'm going to do is my 68 Triumph T100SS! I just stripped the bike down today and sent the motor off to be rebuilt. I'm deciding what color to paint the frame. this is going to be fun

OK, well it's on, I've bought the turbo, brand new under 300 deliver, the lightweight Triumph is going to be sick. Now all I gata do is paint the frame, give it to the engine guy and rebuild everything else, I have some special plans for the exhaust so I can't wait. does anyone have any carb suggestions?