FMF powercore 4 - ttr125

Hi,

im looking at buying the powercore 4 for my gf's ttr 125. before i make a purchase i want to know if,

a) it will fit with the newer bbr frame cradle, the sticky said it should?

? does it come with any kind of heat gaurd? i dont want the plastics melting or her to get burnt by the header.

if anyone has pictures or knows about this exhaust system id appreciate some input.

thanks.

iv had one. it wont melt the plastic.....and is one of the few that had provisions to put the stock shield back on. its one of the lightest of all. and is stainless and alum. i found it more of a low end pipe and i wanted it to rev higher after the bbk so i when to a procircut.....depends on what you want really. its not a bad pipe. i dont have the newer style cradle but the pipe doesn't bent down as much as some of the others so i would think it would fit....it seems not to have fitment issues with either cradle . at least not that ive heard..............jls

im looking for somthing compatable with the frame cradle that has a heat guard, looks nice and is maybe a little more pokie than the stocker.

Is there alot of work involved in jetting and whatnot with changing the pipe? i havent dabbled into carbies too much and not realy sure what i would have to tinker with for the powercore 4 to run nice and smooth.

also, what year exhausts will fit an 07 ttr? im looking at a powercore 4 for "00-05" ttr 125 will this system fit my 07?

i still have one,,,,ill see if i can take some picks...it doesnt have a sheild but the stock shield bolts back on to it. i dont think the engine and frame changed on thee 07......just the tank and a few minor things.......sounds and looks good.

you need to get a uni filter and do the air box when you change it...it helps.... and at see level use a 117 pilot and 108-110 main.fuel screw about 2.5..and youll be fine......its too lean from the factory as it is and will be leaner after you do these things, so you need to jet it for sure.

im looking for somthing compatable with the frame cradle that has a heat guard, looks nice and is maybe a little more pokie than the stocker.

Is there alot of work involved in jetting and whatnot with changing the pipe? i havent dabbled into carbies too much and not realy sure what i would have to tinker with for the powercore 4 to run nice and smooth.

also, what year exhausts will fit an 07 ttr? im looking at a powercore 4 for "00-05" ttr 125 will this system fit my 07?

I agree with John, the bike needs rejetting even without a pipe change - but it may be a US only thing, as I'm not sure the VM20 is jetted differently for each country. Just use the sticky at the top of the page for rejetting to guide you and use approximately the right base jetting and work from there.

The bike didn't have a significant change until the '08 model year - then it was really only the plastics, tank and emissions friendly stuff, from what I can figure. It may be the fact that the US version carb lost its immediate fuel screw adjustability around the '05-'06 time frame? We have to drill out a brass blank to get at it.

There is also a thread here on what exhaust would fit with the old and new frame cradles. We use a DRD - makes the little TTR sound like a much bigger thumper and still gives the lower rpm torque that the bike is known for.

As guide to figure out which exhaust may accomplish what your looking at doing, look at how long the pipe is and it's diameter. Shorter length pipes (usually accomplished by shortening the bend around the frame) and larger diameter head pipes will shift power to higher in the RPMs (more difficult to see from pictures).

-Kerry

newbie question; what is the best way to tell if a bike is too lean or rich? my 07 has next to 0 hours on it and seems to run fine.

I think i will go with the powercore 4 system and some larger jets.

With the airbox modded will it allow more dirt and crap into the engine? that is my main concern with this mod.

I think i will go with the powercore 4 system and some larger jets.

With the airbox modded will it allow more dirt and crap into the engine? that is my main concern with this mod.

if you clean your filter on a regular basis, you'll be fine. it will get dirty faster, but it's not anything to worry about. make sure to clean it, and keep it properly oiled and installed.