Sign in to follow this  

How Do I Go About Setting Up My Controls

I've got short fingers and I'd a little help setting up my controls. What's the benefit of mounting the levers tilted up or down? What's the proper way to get these babies set up properly?

Has anyone tried a shorty clutch lever? Would that let me get enough engagement while keeping the lever close to the bar? Thanks!

-PG

when people have levers really far down they prolly ride standing up and over the front end more and if they are up or straight the person prolly sits down more but I cant help you with the short levers sorry

Just put them where it feels most comfortable. There really is no right way to do it, just do what feels best. Everyone is different.

if you need some adjustablity in your levers.. might want to find some adjustable ones like asv or sunline..

and the first thing i buy for my bike is a shorty lever. makes it easier to grab with 1 or 2 fingers..

if you need some adjustablity in your levers.. might want to find some adjustable ones like asv or sunline..

and the first thing i buy for my bike is a shorty lever. makes it easier to grab with 1 or 2 fingers..

Just to clarify: you're talking a shorty clutch lever right?

Do you want the lever more in your finger tips or more in the joint? I'd think that lever position would have an effect on hand/arm fatigue...

I noticed that Chad Reed's levers are almost above the bars while Bubba's are almost pointed straight down... The down standing up, up sitting down makes a ton of sense, but it seems like you'd want them more down so your elbows stay up.

I found that running my levers hi, helps in working the clutch and brake when leaned far over in corners. My wife used to use the MSR ez pull clutch lever and it helped her get to the clutch better. Hoped this helped.

Just to clarify: you're talking a shorty clutch lever right?

Do you want the lever more in your finger tips or more in the joint? I'd think that lever position would have an effect on hand/arm fatigue...

I noticed that Chad Reed's levers are almost above the bars while Bubba's are almost pointed straight down... The down standing up, up sitting down makes a ton of sense, but it seems like you'd want them more down so your elbows stay up.

yeah.. the first thing i do is dump the stock long levers and get some shorites.. i run then on both the clutch and the brake.. another plus to running shorties is that its almost impossible to grab them with your whole hand.. so it teaches u to use 1 or 2 fingers as well.

Nathan kanney told me that if you run your levers straight instead of down it makes it so when you crash or hit a tree or something, you wont break your thumbs. you might somewhat hurt your hand but at least your thumbs wont pop out.

personal preference. which ever position feels the most natural is the spot you want the controls in.