Sign in to follow this  

Keep my 05 or get a new one??

:worthy: That is the Question? My bike runs champ, I have TONS of bling, protection, and mods. My suspension is set up really good for me. But I do have a Complaint, It's alot of work to corner it. I always feel as if it's a chore to get it to corner or stay in a rut:thumbsdn: . Do different triple clamps work or no?? I love Honda's products but ,,, The KTM's have electric start,, Kawi's are just great looking,, Zuk's look good & corner well, and the Yami's scream " GET R DONE"... It's kinda hard to stay " One Brand" in todays market. I'd like to ride em all & buy the one that made me smile the biggest!!:D What to do????🙂 How does the 08 CRF450 corner compared to the 05?

Take off all the bling sell the darn trusty steed, get a deal on the 08 that will actually turn, and oh yes the twenty degree ofsett really hleps the old crfs turn. But the 08 is a dream!

Flyn Ryan

You should buy the September Dirt Rider. They test an '02, '05 and '08 CRF 450R. Raw power was similar between all. The handling was where the major improvement was with the '05 significantly better then the '02 but not as good as the '08. The weight difference between all was only 7 lbs. Money aside, I would wait until the '09 is out and sell your '05 then.

keep it...im still running my '04 out like a red-headed step-child in the middle of december...the heads actually on its way via UPS to AgentSmith as we speak...ill probably get a 2010 crf

I'd pick up a set of 08 triple clamps and number plate off ebay for cheap and run those until you decide, that should keep you busy for a while and it should not be more than a 100 bucks. I still have my 06 with 20mm off set clamps and I'm not planning to sell it until EFI is the norm, I really don't like having to change my fuel screw setting every time the temp fluctuates through out the day, even from sun to shade I feel the difference.

I'd pick up a set of 08 triple clamps and number plate off ebay for cheap and run those until you decide, that should keep you busy for a while and it should not be more than a 100 bucks. I still have my 06 with 20mm off set clamps and I'm not planning to sell it until EFI is the norm, I really don't like having to change my fuel screw setting every time the temp fluctuates through out the day, even from sun to shade I feel the difference.

Sounds like a good Idea,,, I might just do that..🙂

You should buy the September Dirt Rider. They test an '02, '05 and '08 CRF 450R. Raw power was similar between all. The handling was where the major improvement was with the '05 significantly better then the '02 but not as good as the '08. The weight difference between all was only 7 lbs. Money aside, I would wait until the '09 is out and sell your '05 then.

thanks,, I bought it and read the article. I might try to find some used triple clamps & try it first,, but if that doesn't produce the results I'm looking for I'll have to get a new bike. The 09 KTM SX450F sounds like a good new bike for me... But It's real hard to say!!🙂

ridered55, i have an 05 450 that is pretty much stock except for factory connection suspension,22mm triple clamps and flexx bars and i ride the crap out of it. mostly mx with some desert and trail rides. i have been on the fence about getting a new 09, but i want to wait until the reviews come out to see if they are worth the hype.

that said, some of my mx buds have hondas, a stock 05 and a new 08 and i have ridden both of them back to back and i am very content with my 05. i can not tell a difference between my 05 and the 08, which have the same offset triple clamps. the power is about the same, maybe just a bit smoother on the 08. maybe an intermediate or pro could feel the difference between the 05 and 08 but i cant. that being said, i am dialed in on my 05 with the current set-up (bars,suspension etc...) and am going to wait for the 09s or 2010s.

^^^ Ya, I'm leaning towards trying some new tripple clamps. I love my bike, I really do just want a little better turning ability.