Sign in to follow this  

Finished my motor and it works...sort of

So I replaced my crank, rod, bearings and cylinder. I went with a hot rod crank and wiseco piston and a new jug. I took the bike out today and noticed that it sounded like the silencer needed to be repacked when ridin in the bottom to midrange. On top the bike sounded clean and pulled hard. I havent dialed in the jetting yet and just left it the way it was.

I also havent checked the timing or TPS sensor. I put the stator back on where the old bolt holes were worn on the plate. I'm guessin thats probably not the most accurate way now that its a totaly new bottom end:excuseme: ........Could the timing being off change the exhaust note, but still make the bike run OK?

The timing may be advanced slightly and will run ok and a lot better on top. Yes it will change the sound of the exhaust. I would double check the timing. Maybe it's time to repack the muffler anyway?

Make sure that the powervalve is working correctly. I've forgotten something during this process a few times and my bike did sound and feel "off".

Yeah I just checked the silencer packing and its good. I'm gonna mess with the timing tomorrow. What could be wrong with the powervalve?