Sign in to follow this  

R header on Crf250X. Jetting?

I changed out my stock Headpipe on my 2006 CRF250X with a 2005 CRF250F Headpipe. I took it to the track and it was too obvious that there was something wrong. I just did the valves and am running on a new oil change and a new air filter. The stock was Main = 130 Pilot = 40. After I changed some things on the bike( Airbox cut, after market air filter, Exhaust opened up), I put in new jets as the Main Jet = 134 Pilot = 40 and the Needle clip to position 5 from the top.

The problem with the bike is that it spits and sputters when I am in the meat of the power band. It almost seems like the choke was stuck on but I checked and it wasnt. The bike seemed to run good when it was still cold but when it started to warm up, it got progressively worse. I turned the fuel screw a full turn in either direction and it did not seem to change anything.

Please help! Thanks guys.

I am using an aftermarket one By tusk offroad. Kinda cheap. If you mean how many turns out, I honestly dont remember. I was screwing with it so much trying to get it to run right, I dont know what I started with.