Sign in to follow this  

How to shut my bike up?

I have an open (uncorked) RS3, the bike is power moded and I can't really cork it and have it run right, I have about 7k on the pipe with no repacking.

When I ride this bike I'm always afraid to get pulled over I'm very light on the gas. I'm not sure how illegal it is but it's louder than a 450 with an open pipe, when I'm lightly road riding it is like boarder line getting pulled over but if I opened it up a cop could here it coming a long shot away lol. Do you think if I'm light on the gas I'll have an issue with the police?

How can I reduce the sound? Will repaking it help? Will a tip or something like that help? I really have no idea and I'm not interested in changing the way the bike runs. It is just so damn loud and that's great and never thought I would give crap but it turns out it's starting to bug me.🙂

i always ride with earplugs without fail.the system is not as loud or obnoxious as you'd think.i have been approached a few times by patrol officers that were curious about the bike and they've never mentioned anything about how loud it is.it only seems insanely loud because the muffler is in close proximity to your ear.

when i lived in a heavily populated and congested area i often coasted into my drive in a higher gear at night and the neighbors never once complained.

^^^^^The turbo on your bike must chop down the 1 cylinder thump pretty good!

with a very free flowing full exhaust (2" core) its as quiet as a stock bike, just about

Open dump pipe, its frickin' loud. I dare say louder than any race can I've heard

Thats why I hate loud exhausts. They may be enhancing the performance but in the end you ride slower because you are affraid to gas it.

Loud Sucks.

Thats why I hate loud exhausts. They may be enhancing the performance but in the end you ride slower because you are affraid to gas it.

Loud Sucks.

Hate to say it , but I agree. Maybe at the track , loud is ok. But riding around non motorcyclist with an ear splitting exhaust system isn't doing motorcycling any favors. 🙂

Yeah now that it's too loud I'm easy on it but the HUGE power gap allows me to get the same pull with a lot less throttle. I mean it might sound too loud because I'm sitting right next to the pipe but it's pretty loud, I'm going to do a nice repack and if that doesnt shut it up a little I'm going to try to get something more extreme, I might even ask a cop if it's too loud lol.