Sign in to follow this  

DR650: who makes an aftermarket air filter?

i want to upgrade over stock.

i've read twin-air but see listing for the dr650.

what about uni?

if several, which is best???

From the 30 minutes of research I did on the same subject I decided to run the TwinAir filter. It seems awesome so far; I've only had it for 300 miles so I cant attest to its longevity, but it definitely breathes better than it did with the stock filter.

i just put in a no toil air filter and what a difference... i think the main difference was due to using a really over oiled and over due for a change stock filter though, but she breathes so much better now...

all work good IF you're careful installing. watch out for misfit of the basket on the side you cannot see.... reach your fingers around and feel the edge, make sure its seated down properly on that back side. easy to miss, and you're getting unfiltered unfettered!

z

K&N is a good performance air filter and should be OK in a wet climate, but due to their porosity are not a good choice in a dry dusty climate. They just let too much dirt through. They were basiclly designed for racing and not for ultimate engine protection and are the most efficient when really dirty. Probably some of the most efficient air filters are the stock ones as they usually have a dual density foam that is finer than that found on UNI or Twin Air. If you have a K&N clean it, oil it up. and hold it up to the sun and look through it. You will be surprised at what can get through there.

K&N it's a very good option.

I wouldn't use a K&N for offroad use...maybe street use but only on the nice pretty/perfect days, like the days guys pull out their expensive BMW bikes and all their aerostich gear and wish they were riding around the world! 🙂

Ive used Uni and twinair and they perform equally well. You can't go wrong with either...(properly oil them, not too much and not to little)

I wouldn't use a K&N for offroad use...maybe street use but only on the nice pretty/perfect days, like the days guys pull out their expensive BMW bikes and all their aerostich gear and wish they were riding around the world! 🙂

Jealous?

Unifilter which are also sold as Finer Filter, ProComp2 and O2RUSH gets the nod.

Cheers

Jealous?

Probably... if I'd admit to it! 🙂 Jealous that if I had the resources I'd be doing alot more than fair-weather riding!

Oh yea air filters...Get a good one!