Sign in to follow this  

Which tank

i need an oversized tank for the hybrid to do harescrambles. any thought on which one. i thought i would get the clarke because of erics comment on the ims, but in the picture on their website it comes real close to the head and im not sure it will clear the kdx motor. anyone have a hybrid with an oversized tank. im also worried about ergos

99-02 kx btw

Art and Eric both have had better luck with the Clarke so if I were you I'd go with that.

Ed

That was on the 03. The 03 is different, but I know a guy with a 99 KX/KDX hybrid with the same funny froggy looking IMS tank that Ed has. A little heat gun and JB plastic repair and it was good to go.

By the way Sean, that is the FMF Rev that you want. He had to dent the pipe a bit to clear the radiator.

The 99 frame was smaller like the 03 was. This is a 99 kd/KDX hybrid with IMS tank nd Rev pipe. 00-02 was a larger biker overall.

The%20color%20of%20ONE%20large%20tank.jpg

That was on the 03. The 03 is different, but I know a guy with a 99 KX/KDX hybrid with the same funny froggy looking IMS tank that Ed has. A little heat gun and JB plastic repair and it was good to go.

By the way Sean, that is the FMF Rev that you want. He had to dent the pipe a bit to clear the radiator.

The 99 frame was smaller like the 03 was. This is a 99 kd/KDX hybrid with IMS tank nd Rev pipe. 00-02 was a larger biker overall.

The%20color%20of%20ONE%20large%20tank.jpg

whats the plastic repair for? so i guess its the clarke, dam thats ugly

The tank some times melts and makes a hole when heating it.

black or natural??? comon im waiting to order it 🙂 i have tank stickers still, this is why i didint apply them yet, i new i would need a new tank. i just cant decide what color, black would look better, but natural isnt too bad and you can see your gas. i could get green premix too

I have one of the froggy looking IMS tanks (in black) that I picked up during my build. I haven't tried to modify it to fit yet. Looking at it, I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, it's going to need a lot of work. Still exploring other options before I potentially ruin this one with a heat gun.

I have one of the froggy looking IMS tanks (in black) that I picked up during my build. I haven't tried to modify it to fit yet. Looking at it, I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, it's going to need a lot of work. Still exploring other options before I potentially ruin this one with a heat gun.

wait until i attack mine and ill post how it comes out before you make a decision

Hey guys, hope you don't mind if I piggy back off your thread, but I've been looking for an oversized tank for my 99 KX250. My normal loops are less than 30 miles so the stocker has been fine. I've been invited on a much longer ride and I don't want to try to carry that much gas in my tool bag or tie it on somehow. Just doesn't seem safe.

Used would be best, like I said, my nomal loops aren't that long and I can't see spending a couple hundred on a new one. Missed one on Fleabay last week that would have been perfect. Any of you guys wanting to part with yours?

Thank you to whomever listed the tank on ebay, you guys are great. I hit the "buy it now" button and its on the way. I knew I could count on the fellow members of Gang Green!🙂

what do you want us to say. no one has a tank for you, go out and buy one like the rest of us did, or be patient....

That is exactly what I did. I assumed one of you guys put one on fleabay with a buy it now within 24hrs of my post. Was that not one of you guys? Are you saying that was a blind coincidence?

Don't understand your hostility, I give you credit and you 👍 me?

there is no hostility, you just seemed unerved that no one jumped out to sell you something at your request. yes it must have been a coincidence about the ebay thing. i mean no harm, i thought your 2nd post was being sarcastic, im still comfused whether it is or not

so i got my tank and there will need to be heavy pastic deformation for it to fit. im kinda (actually im really) apprehensive about attacking a $200 tank like this. any ideas? will post pics in the morning

what do you want us to say. no one has a tank for you, go out and buy one like the rest of us did, or be patient....

Easy there young one, I edited my post above to remove any doubt as to my intentions. If it was one of you guys, I thank you very much. If it wasn't one of you guys, I thank you anyway, your posts here are very informative.

No harm here, carry on...

I agree with you on your tank dilema. That is an expensive gamble. Many have done it successfully, but YMMV.