Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400 SM bogging down

I have a 07 DR-Z400SM and I am trying to find the best jetting set up for the equipment I have. I have the Mikuni carb.

Elevation: 807ft

Temp: 80-95 deg F

Mods:

3x3 cut out

FMF Power Core 4 w/ stock Suzuki header

K&N air filter

Dyno Jet Kit (only have the 160 jet out of the jets that came with the kit)

160 main jet

62.5 starter jet

25 pilot jet

clip 2 on needle

3.5 turns on fuel screw

The bike is back firing and it really bogs down at a constant throttle. If I hold the throttle at about 1/4 to 1/3 on.

Any help is appreciated.

reused all stock needle spacers in correct order? all needle retainer prings intact? checked to make sure retainer hasnt popped out?

I am pretty sure I put all the spacers back in correctly. I will take it back apart and check. Which part is the retainer?

Ok, so i took it all apart and double checked that all the springs and washers on the needle are in the correct order. Everything was just as the instructions with the jet kit said they should be.

I also pulled the spark plug out to check and see what the color was. It was a medium brownish color. Kind of like a chocolate color. Is this lean or rich or just right?

the 160 is in the taller jet mount where the plastic piece clips on and the 62.5 is in the shorter position under the white plastic piece that clips onto the taller jet.

I measured the intake hole. The previous owner cut the hole and I never really thought about measuring it. It is really about 3x4 inches.

Also does the coloring on the spark plug mentioned earlier mean that the bike is lean or rich?