Sign in to follow this  

need kick starting a DR350 feed back

Do DR350's have starting problems in general? I currently have a '83 XL250 that is easy to kick start even with a bum knee. I'm thinking of buying a '93 DR350 that is also a kick start and have read they can be trouble. This particular DR has only 3900 miles and looks to be in excellent shape so the only concern is about it having a built in problem with starting.

While we're at it, what's the reviews on this bike?

I just bought a 90 DR350s and it's been tough to start. There are tons of threads on this already though, just search DR350 starting.

I really love mine, but I'm coming from a yz125. The coolest part is being able to ride it around town.

Great , reliable bike. I am sorry to say it is not easy to start when cold.

Do DR350's have starting problems in general? I currently have a '83 XL250 that is easy to kick start even with a bum knee. I'm thinking of buying a '93 DR350 that is also a kick start and have read they can be trouble. This particular DR has only 3900 miles and looks to be in excellent shape so the only concern is about it having a built in problem with starting.

While we're at it, what's the reviews on this bike?

I have had my 1990 DR350S for about 4-weeks, and it is a bugger when it is cold. I have imporoved though, and it is not taking me as long, as I have used many of the tips from this site and others. Soon I think I will have it's routine that it likes best, and will make it quicker. After it is warm, it kicks with one easy kick everytime.

I bought my 92 DR350SN in 1994, so I've been doing this for for a long time. When I first start it up I put the petcock in the prime position, pull the choke all the way out and then pull in the decompression lever and slowly kick it until the lever pops out, and then I give the kick start lever an inch more of down stroke. Then I let the kick start lever come back up to the top and kick it through and it starts every time. Just make sure to keep your hand away from the throttle while you're doing this. Once you get the hang of it you'll never have any problems starting it again.

do a search''kickstart'' on this fourm you'll find info. i asked the same question a few months ago and got alot of response. its a good bike. very good in nasty terrain. i find the bike to be light but i also ride a xr650l so my judgement is probably off. it makes good low end torque in the lower gears. their isnot much on top probably wouldnt recommend the bike for riding desert type terrain. im very happy with mine. how much is the seller asking?

thank you for replies. $2100 seems like a OK price but I've decided I want a start button.