Sign in to follow this  

kx oil

i changed the oil in my bike today, but when i was putting the drain screw back in, i had decided to put a new o-ring on it, but got a phone call half way through which got me sidetracked. after i had filled it up with new oil, i realised i had'nt put it on do you think it will harm anything if i drain the oil, put the new ring on, then put the oil that i drained back in? the bike has'nt moved or been riden?

i changed the oil in my bike today, but when i was putting the drain screw back in, i had decided to put a new o-ring on it, but got a phone call half way through which got me sidetracked. after i had filled it up with new oil, i realised i had'nt put it on do you think it will harm anything if i drain the oil, put the new ring on, then put the oil that i drained back in? the bike has'nt moved or been riden?

not at all, as long as you drained the oil in a clean container and it didnt get contaminated. if it is at all dirty dont use it

cheers, always try and use clean jugs when it comes to oil, what oil do you run?