Sign in to follow this  

Anything Wrong With 2006 YZ250F's?

Is there anything wrong with them? Where there any problems with them ecept the intake valves recall. Are they reliable? :D I dont want this thing pukeing at 60 hours.🙂

Biggest issue I've heard, is that most of them need better riders...🙂

I have an 06, the recall was done before I purchased it at the dealer. There should be a punch mark near the vin number if the recall was done. I had never had any problems with my 06. Usually starts first or second kick cold or warm. I have about 100 hours on the orginal top end and valves. I plan on doing the top end and valves within the next 20 or so hours, give or take a few or maybe I'll go one more year. It still has tons of compression and valves never needed adjustment. I ride pretty hard, rev limiter here and there sometimes. I expect it to last for a while. I change the oil every ride, clean the air filter every ride, and change the oil filter every 2-3 rides. Do that and it will last forever. And $3000 is pretty good as long as it has maintained right. So, if it looks to be in good condition and was kept in shape don't hesitate to purchase it.

Sounds like a fair deal. Mine has over 160 hours and still running perfect. Just be sure to change the oil often and clean the air filter every couple rides.

the only thing wrong with that bike my friend, generally speaking because people can abuse things and not take care of them, is that its not in your garage. if its clean, then it will be a great bike. (clean as in taken care of, not just dirt free 🙂)

i have 2006 yz250f and i did the valve recall but it seems about every 50 hours of riding the top of the valve breaks its done it twice on me now so i dont think the 2006 is anygood

i have 2006 yz250f and i did the valve recall but it seems about every 50 hours of riding the top of the valve breaks its done it twice on me now so i dont think the 2006 is anygood

Sounds like a personal problem. Yamaha has used the same valves on the YZ250F since 2001, and are known as the most reliable MX 250F engine on the planet. The recall was due to a series of valves that were flawed while being manufactured and were installed, not an actual design change. You are doing something wrong if you can't get 50 hour out of valves. Valves do not just break for no reason. There is always a cause. If the valve is flawed from the factory it will almost always fail within the first hour of running (as the 06's with the flawed valves were). If you are breaking valves at 50 hours repeatedly, it is most likely something you are doing. My guess would be you are running your valves out of spec.

• Like 1

I keep getting scard. I might just get a yz125. If I can find one. Cause those have like zero problem that Ive seen. But on the other hand, Ill like the torque, and 5-speed I bet.

I keep getting scard. I might just get a yz125. If I can find one. Cause those have like zero problem that Ive seen. But on the other hand, Ill like the torque, and 5-speed I bet.

the yz125's powerband is so narrow, they have to give a track bike a 6 speed.

I know. I really would like to ride a 4-stroke to see if I like or not.

Just found a bike to dream about, 2008 YZ250F $5300 unridden

go for it dude. I saw my dream bike, 450... 6 speeds... e start... and a bonus, it was plated. and on sale from 8500 to 6500, but after all the fee's and everything, it came down to 8500otd. plus I had to buy another ramp. ugh

so make sure your new bikes tag is 5300 out the door, or it might just be alot more than its advertised

I know. I really would like to ride a 4-stroke to see if I like or not.

Just found a bike to dream about, 2008 YZ250F $5300 unridden

Ask him how many hours are on it and what he does for mantenance. How often oil was changed, oil filter, and air filter was cleaned.