Sign in to follow this  

Just bought 01 yz125, need to lower it

Hey everyone,

I just got my hands on a sweet YZ125 (2001) the kids i bought it from was a 15 year old about 4" taller than me.

I'm a 37 year old dad riding with my kids. I used to ride when I was young and I'm now getting back into it. I am really excited about this bike but it is just a hair to high for me and I was wondering if I could get some tips on lowering the rear end a bit. I only need like 1 - 1.5"

I'm 5'7 160lbs

Thanks in advance I love this forum!

you can adjust the rear spring but im not real sure if that will lower it or make it softer. you may just have to get a new spring or a new linkage but those are pricy.

Ya, I just took off the subframe to see if I could adjust the rear spring. I just realized that I need a spanner wrench and I dont have one hehe. off to the tool shp i go...

theres a yamaha link part that u can buy that lower the rear end of the yamahas there was one for sale on here in classifieds yamaha parts section.. check it out to see what im talking about..

Shaving the seat is something I didnt think of,... good idea. I will also check out the link part. I tried adjusting the spring on the rear end and it just made the suspension softer not lower. I only adjusted by just under 1/2"

Thanks for all the suggestions