Sign in to follow this  

where to go for a few days to ride?

Alright, so I was going to go to the dunes with some friends, the problem is that I don’t have a spark arrestor and ORV tags. Is there any where that you don’t need a spark arrestor and tags to ride off road? I don’t really want to risk burning down a forest or getting caught with out the requirements, and I also don’t want to let down my friends and not go any where at all.

Most all places require both a spark arrestor and OHV sticker. The OHV sticker isn't expensive ($10 for 2 years) and depending on your bike you can get an end cap spark arrestor pretty cheap. I got mine from ProMoto Billet for about $60 and it replaced the old end cap. Definately cheaper than the ticket for not having them.

Most all places require both a spark arrestor and OHV sticker. The OHV sticker isn't expensive ($10 for 2 years) and depending on your bike you can get an end cap spark arrestor pretty cheap. I got mine from ProMoto Billet for about $60 and it replaced the old end cap. Definately cheaper than the ticket for not having them.

The problem is I haven’t titled my bike, where did you get it for 60 bucks, ebay?

do you think a ranger would let me off with a warning if a didn’t have tags?

I will leave that up to you, it would depend on your attitude and how good of talker you are to the Ranger...You don't need a title to get an OHV permit. Go to a motorcycle dealership with your bike's VIN # (usually on the frame near steering stem, 17 digits total) and your drivers license and you are good to go. I bought my spark arrestor several years ago and I see the prices have gone up a bit. Try here:

http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/46_48_39

It looks like you are correct. In Colorado and now here in Oregon we don't have to title our bikes...looks like you do in Washington State. News to me.

• Like 1

My sister lives in oregon, so maby i can have her get oregon tags and I can just ride up here? i think washington alows that

Yep. I was going to suggest that as well. When I ride in WA they accept the Oregon OHV tag and our rules here. I think there is a total of 12 states that have "reciprical pass" allowing riders from other states to ride without buying a new pass.

Not meaning to rag on you ,but if you can afford the gas and the bike you surely can afford to do it legally,we dont as a group need another person giving our recreation sport a bad name by not having all the legal requirements fulfilled.It doesnt matter if you encounter a ranger or not and if he would let you off with a warning,if you are legal you dont have to worry about it.I have been riding for thirty years in Washington and have always obeyed the legal requirements.🙂

• Like 2

Not meaning to rag on you ,but if you can afford the gas and the bike you surely can afford to do it legally,we dont as a group need another person giving our recreation sport a bad name by not having all the legal requirements fulfilled.It doesnt matter if you encounter a ranger or not and if he would let you off with a warning,if you are legal you dont have to worry about it.I have been riding for thirty years in Washington and have always obeyed the legal requirements.🙂

I completely understand. if i get Oregon tags i will be able to afford a new slip on:applause:

I ride on about 40 miles of privately owned single track in S.W. Washington. If you're close, I'd take you on a ride.

aappeexx is right. The rules need to be followed or else there will be no more places to ride. I by no means meant to suggest that you break them by not having a spark arrestor and an OHV permit.

im pretty sure my bikes not legal. i do have a spark arrestor and it makes it a little more quiet but i still think its loud enough to break the rules. i know i have legal up to date tabs on my bike but resting yesterday on the trail i couldnt find the license plate tab on my bike. i think i may have forgot to or it blew off cleaning it

ya ryan you should def get a spark arrestor and tabs, and i think your bike is pretty loud too, your bike might be over 99db 🙂

I got written up by BLM this last febuary. I took the fam out for an ATV ride and we didn't know that we needed helmets for the kids. I wear one when I'm tearing it up, but we were going super slow. Anyway, BLM guy was nice to us and only wrote us up once for $75. It could have been $75 per child (3), $75 for each ATV not stickered (2), $75 for each ATV not titled (2), and $75 for the trailer not lisenced.

I thanked him graciously, and quickly mailed in my fine, and registered/tagged everything! I asked him if it were okay for the kids to wear their bicycle helmets, since we were going so slow. He said that the regs didn't specify, and thought that it would be okay. Now, the kids bring their helmets everywhere!

• Like 1

So i decided to not go riding trails, i just do not want risk anything. looks like were going to riverdale.

253 you in?

The problem is I haven’t titled my bike, where did you get it for 60 bucks, ebay?

do you think a ranger would let me off with a warning if a didn’t have tags?

I hope not. If you can afford to buy a bike surely you can get a sticker and a sparky.🙂

I hope not. If you can afford to buy a bike surely you can get a sticker and a sparky.🙂

not when your 17 with out a job:eek:

I know...im going to look for one soon.