Sign in to follow this  

2 strokes

I know this is going to be a very vague post, but what are some of the best tips for riding a 250 2stroke on a track.

Shift, shift, shift! Keep that bad boy in the meat of the power. Get creative with your line choices. And have fun, two smokers rule!

^ i agree, also don't be afraid to fan the clutch if the bike isn't in the power. Smokers take more effort to go fast, but are sooo much more fun when you are goin fast! 🙂

250's you don't need to keep thme in the meat of the power, they're not like a small bore bike with no low end, yes theres the hit, but the low end on a 250 still puts 250F's to shame.

if ridden correctly however (as said above), you'll be a lot faster

You have to keep it in the meat or it will fall flat on its face if your are in soft dirt.

Steer with the rear wheel, and use the clutch to keep the bike singing through the turns.

Another tip-quite necessary! Listen to the sweet Braap noises emitted from the exhaust pipe and let them fill you with pleasure. And roost many 4 stroke riders behind you. You're all set!

Best tip...........................keep it on 2 wheels.

Wait...................that's for all bikes on the track.

Seriously, remember the clutch is your friend and use the rear brake effectively. 2 strokes have far less engine braking than 4 strokes.

I know this is going to be a very vague post, but what are some of the best tips for riding a 250 2stroke on a track.

brake later into corners. the light weight and lack of engine braking give you an advantage there.

be aggressive with the throttle. wind out the gears, you'll rarely hit a rev limiter.

a 'g2' throttle cam will smooth out any hit and keep the rear wheel behind you.

carry as much speed as possible thru the corners. the 4t's can park it in a corner then blast over the next jump. 2t's need to keep momentum up.

have fun.

any advice for beating a 450 i know people say its impossible but i think its possible and corners im having a sumwhat hard time with corners i think i keep my weight too far forward becuz the space between my thumb and index finder hurts when i ride sometimes

Twist the throttle and go like hell. Watch out for the 4-strokes. They panic when your on their ass making that super cool 2-stroke sound. These bikes love the inside line.

Its not impossible, if the 250 smoker is on a well groomed track with traction you can keep up and beat 450's. You have to be on top of your game though, 110 percent the entire time. No getting lazy, you need to shift when you feel the power falling off, keep it singing through the turns and use your lack of weight to your advantage. Peak horsepower numbers are similar between 450's and 250 2 strokes. 450's just have a much more broad powerband, making them easier to ride fast.

Sorry, I forgot the finger pain. Try loosening your grip, hold on to the bike with your legs. This will also help you track straighter under power.

Shift, shift, shift! Keep that bad boy in the meat of the power. Get creative with your line choices. And have fun, two smokers rule!
Another tip-quite necessary! Listen to the sweet Braap noises emitted from the exhaust pipe and let them fill you with pleasure. And roost many 4 stroke riders behind you. You're all set!
make sure you savor the smell of premix also.

+1:applause: