Sign in to follow this  

lowered front suspension

How can I tell if my front suspension has been lowered? The back has, and I am getting ready to change it back to the higher setting. Just wondering if I can do a measurement or something to tell if the front was ever lowered. The bike appears to have the stock kickstand on it. (black)

Remove one fork cap. If there is a 40mm long spacer on top of the spring, then it is is in the higher position. The Suzuki shop manual procedure for lowering says to take the spacer out of there and install below the damper deep inside the fork. There a couple of short cut ways to lower the front. Some just slide the tubes up in the triple clamps. Others (like me) take the spacers out of the top and put them on a shelf.

Thanks for the heads up. I am guessing I will have to have the bike jacked up so the front suspension is fully extended before I take that cap off?

Just as I suspected... The spacer was there right on top under the fork cap. So I guess the front was not lowered, only the rear. Thanks for the help Grandpa. Time to raise the rear back up.

How can I tell if my front suspension has been lowered? The back has, and I am getting ready to change it back to the higher setting. Just wondering if I can do a measurement or something to tell if the front was ever lowered. The bike appears to have the stock kickstand on it. (black)

try a search:D

go to Search this Forum

.........and type in "suspension lowered"

This is what you'll get:

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/search.php?searchid=6871093

Learn to use the search function, it can be your friend:worthy:

I hope this helps!

HappyRiding !!

🙂

Yeah beemerwolf, tried wading throught the results of a few different searches before posting this thread. I got some help from Grandpa and got it figured out, see the posts above. Thanks for the link, it looks like you recieved some pretty good information from the other posters on this forum in response to your question.