Sign in to follow this  

service people suck

🙂 going on two weeks now without the wrr. went to pick it up today for the head gasket repair, called four times and was told to call back at four different times. finally was told to come and pick it up. i drive all the way there to get the news that there is a coolant leak from a o ring that didnt leak before i brought it there.now they tell me i can take it for the weekend with the leak and bring it back monday. i said no friggin way, fix it,you screwed it up now fix it. then they tell me to call back tuesday. and also i asked them to grease the steering bearings and they didnt do that . im sick of people nowadays, they are so damn ignorant it makes me sick. well anyway i hope you guys are having fun with your bikes cause i sure as hell am not.

Well as a Service Technician I am very sorry to hear that, Im not sure of the parts availability but the job should have never taken that long and should have taken priority, and any trained technician would never leave any mistake unfixed out the door, nor call and tell customers that its done, at least take another day and fix the mistake and deal with the angry customer over taking a day longer not showing that you made a mistake and not willing to fix it immediately, and its kinda wrong of me to say this, but,,,,,, If I where in your shoes, I would have taken a nice long hot ride and let that engine sieze up and then take it back in and say where is my new bike dudes.....

Well as a Service Technician I am very sorry to hear that, Im not sure of the parts availability but the job should have never taken that long and should have taken priority, and any trained technician would never leave any mistake unfixed out the door, nor call and tell customers that its done, at least take another day and fix the mistake and deal with the angry customer over taking a day longer not showing that you made a mistake and not willing to fix it immediately, and its kinda wrong of me to say this, but,,,,,, If I where in your shoes, I would have taken a nice long hot ride and let that engine sieze up and then take it back in and say where is my new bike dudes.....

DITTO!

I'm a "service people" and I resemble that remark!

Sounds like you have a stealer, not a dealer. Find someone else that wants your business. And tell all your friends about this place. Maybe they can get their act together if they see they are losing customers because of shotty repairs and long waits. I'm in the the marine end of Yamaha Service and I treat my customers like gold. Bend over backasswards to help them get back on the water ASAP. Nothing leaves my shop unless it's 101%.

I don't know your particular situation but it's not always the tech's fault. Parts hold ups and backorders play hell, and inexperienced service managers can mess up a wet dream. Best advise I can give is find a better dealer for your warranty work and learn to do the rest on your own.