Sign in to follow this  

woot!

so i was out riding some local trails earlier today when a guy on a CR250 2t decided to tag along...now the guy had obviously been riding a while, alot longer then me, i could just tell by his attitude...Well im no slouch in the trails i ride at, im actually pretty fast because ive come to know them, and i would pull away from this guy every time until we got into a straight away...well we ended up stopping(because i crashed hard, front tire fell into an atv's rut while i was in 4th gear 3/4 throttle id guess) and he asked how long i had my bike for and said it was really nice...

i was just suprised. last time i met some vet riders (all of which were on 250-450's) they made fun of my "play bike" so it was nice to get some respect for the 230!

just thought id share 🙂

Edge,

What part of texas are you from. I am from the north east near Paris

I get a couple compliments on the track with the 150. they should be getting the respect they deserve other than an overweight trail bike.

Whenever i take my bike out to my local riding park everyone seems to love it, of course 90% of them ride ATV's but every once in a while ill come across a guy on an enduro Honda, Yamaha or even a KTM and ill get a "nice bike" comment, sure my air cooled 230cc isn't as great as their bikes, but passing them and keeping up on the trails helps the reputation a bit:thumbsup:

Edge,

What part of texas are you from. I am from the north east near Paris

i live in rockwall which is just east of dallas...

so i was out riding some local trails earlier today when a guy on a CR250 2t decided to tag along...now the guy had obviously been riding a while, alot longer then me, i could just tell by his attitude...Well im no slouch in the trails i ride at, im actually pretty fast because ive come to know them, and i would pull away from this guy every time until we got into a straight away...well we ended up stopping(because i crashed hard, front tire fell into an atv's rut while i was in 4th gear 3/4 throttle id guess) and he asked how long i had my bike for and said it was really nice...

i was just suprised. last time i met some vet riders (all of which were on 250-450's) they made fun of my "play bike" so it was nice to get some respect for the 230!

just thought id share 🙂

Yeah, there isn't really anything like passing big bikes on our little "play bikes" . We hit a real gnarly section today in the group I was in, I was the 2nd bike out of the top of it (all rock, wet, clay). The guy ahead of me was a amateur WORCS racer on a KX250. I passed a YZ250, WR400 and a KTM300 on my way up, the race bikes were simply kicking their riders off, or stalling, or spinning. That little 230 just tractored.

Yeah, there isn't really anything like passing big bikes on our little "play bikes" . We hit a real gnarly section today in the group I was in, I was the 2nd bike out of the top of it (all rock, wet, clay). The guy ahead of me was a amateur WORCS racer on a KX250. I passed a YZ250, WR400 and a KTM300 on my way up, the race bikes were simply kicking their riders off, or stalling, or spinning. That little 230 just tractored.

haha thats awesome...the only thing ive found that the bike has a problem in is sand, or it could be that i just didnt have good enough technique...everything else its gotten me through...

and just to think, a couple months ago i wanted a new bike 🙂

a picture taken of me today...i thought it was cool?

100_3847.jpg

Edge,

I know where you'r at . use to do some plumbing in that area. Where is your ride spot at. from the pic it looks like my kind of place.

Edge,

I know where you'r at . use to do some plumbing in that area. Where is your ride spot at. from the pic it looks like my kind of place.

brushy creek moto farm, its ~20 miles east of my house...its got a small track, some decent trails, and some tight single track...it also has a dry creek bed that runs through it that has some fun hill climbs...

I think the 230 is more of a nice play bike than any thing, I respect them as play bikes. I do not think there race worthy though.

I think the 230 is more of a nice play bike than any thing, I respect them as play bikes. I do not think there race worthy though.

in the right hands, and the right mod's, they most definitely could be, especially on tight technical trails where top speed doesnt have any use.

You sound like someone who's never ridden one.

True I'v had a great time on my 230, and as for not being good in the sand I would beg to difer. I ride my at Ocatillo Wells here in SOCAL and have absolutely no complaints. I won't go in the really deep loose stuff but no one without a paddle tire does that.

i had another guy compliment my riding today...he was on a kx 250 and was trying to climb a hill that had a ~2ft vertical lip at the bottom , and was rutted out up top. well, long story short he couldnt make it...so of course i had to try it and the first run up i made it.

i was proud of myself 👍