Sign in to follow this  

JE piston Dry Rebuild.

🙂 Went out to cahuilla today. Broke in my bike. I love this new piston. Definitely makes the bike rev higher (not insanely powerful, but enough to notice) and I was hard on the bike. My dad and I also made a manual cam chain tensioner from the stock unit. Everything worked out good. Also got to ride a bit with Grant Langston, David Vuillemin and a few other pros.

here some pics:

REBUILD049.jpg

REBUILD058.jpg

CAHUILLA004.jpg

CAHUILLA010.jpg

CAHUILLA012.jpg

CAHUILLA023.jpg

CAHUILLA017.jpg

most of the pics were from later in the day. All the pros tear up the track in the morning and we spent a little bit of the morning bleeding the brakes lol.

CAHUILLA017-1.jpg

if i were you i would shave the bolt down thats stick out of the CCT....but thats just me, there is alot stick out, nice bike btw

Glad you like it... I know when I re rung my JE piston with the dry method, all I could say was WOW! my bike has never had power like this before :D

I wasn't expecting it to be much different.

I just about looped it out on the first lap of the track -- I was trying to ride it a little to hard and found some unseen traction... I re rung it at around 24 hrs on the piston as well.

--- By the way, nice bike, looks great.

We have just had some nice rain here yesterday, overnight and today. Was out riding yesterday and today, lots of fun. Yesterday was just some trails, today was track and trails. My bike is working great, just waiting on Dave J's susp. fluids and Dell Taco valving. --- Well I now have 73 hrs on my 08 so far 🙂 it was just torrential down poring when I got home, now its stopped a while ago and I gotta wash the bike, and service it, think I gotta also change the rear tire. -- don't know if I'll get to the tire today.

🙂:D sweeeet about to get a new piston for my bike to but gota save up my money.

anyways, how is cahuilla?????? i was thinkin about going there next time im in socal

• Like 1

Glad you like it... I know when I re rung my JE piston with the dry method, all I could say was WOW! my bike has never had power like this before :D

I wasn't expecting it to be much different.

I just about looped it out on the first lap of the track -- I was trying to ride it a little to hard and found some unseen traction... I re rung it at around 24 hrs on the piston as well.

--- By the way, nice bike, looks great.

We have just had some nice rain here yesterday, overnight and today. Was out riding yesterday and today, lots of fun. Yesterday was just some trails, today was track and trails. My bike is working great, just waiting on Dave J's susp. fluids and Dell Taco valving. --- Well I now have 73 hrs on my 08 so far 🙂 it was just torrential down poring when I got home, now its stopped a while ago and I gotta wash the bike, and service it, think I gotta also change the rear tire. -- don't know if I'll get to the tire today.

its raining here right now, if it wasent i would not be on TT lol..........and it cracks me up everytime i hear Dell taco valveing:lol:

do these bike sound different with the JE HC in?

🙂:D sweeeet about to get a new piston for my bike to but gota save up my money.

anyways, how is cahuilla?????? i was thinkin about going there next time im in socal

amazing. you have to ride there.

man u look slow haha jk nice that you got the bike done huh:applause:

I'll let you know next time I go, so I can own you again. 🙂

I should add if I was on a more intermediate/hard track it would of been faster because thats what my tires are for. That track was pretty much sand by the end of the day.

man alll you guys are lucky....california is motocross heaven...i lived ther for 6 years but i never rode there...but i might be moving back......so. cal is even better

man alll you guys are lucky....california is motocross heaven...i lived ther for 6 years but i never rode there...but i might be moving back......so. cal is even better

not just heaven, motocross capital of the world

exactly...i think its because of the perect terrain and wide open areas...also isn't it were it originated

exactly...i think its because of the perect terrain and wide open areas...also isn't it were it originated

the terrain has alot to do with it but wide open areas does not. there are wide open areas around here and dirt biking is lame. its because the huge amount of people there and because of the prefect weather all year around.

Rev out longer I should say without hitting the limiter.

I noticed that too. I rode my bike and right away noticed the bottom end, but didn't notice any top end at all. Until I rode my brothers stock bike (at the time) and then got on my bike, and there was a big lack of top end on his bike...