Sign in to follow this  

2009 KLX250 Suspension Settings

Just bought a new 2009 KLX250. I weigh approx. 200lbs, 6ft tall. Anyone have any suggestions on suspension settings? 95% of my riding is off road. Also, I am new to off road riding so any other suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure why nobody else has replied to this post, I'm sure there are guys out there who have tweaked the suspension on that bike. I don't have the same bike but I know from experience that one of the most critical settings for your suspension will be the sag on the shock. I'm not sure what you know, so I won't bother with much detail but it is essentially the rear shock pre-load adjustment. If it has too much or too little preload it will cause your bike's handeling to change. If you are new to riding I would say just ride it for awhile. Then set the rear sag. If it is off, and it will likely be unless you happen to be the weight it was set for from the factory, you will be pleasantly suprised at how much nicer your bike handles. Other suspension settings such as clicker adjustments will come later. Ride, Have fun, be safe and enjoy your new bike. Hope my two cents helped. P.S, I don't have a lot of time on this forum and didn't realize this until I posted, you may notice the link next to'sag'. roll over it and it gives you the definition of sag. Click more info and it tells you how. You shouldn't have any problems if you follow the directions. A second person really helps, but it is possible to do it yourself with a little ingenuity.

Thanks for the info Mike. I got the sag set right after a little research.

Ted