Sign in to follow this  

MN woods riding tomorrow (Sun. 8/9)

Enjoy, wish I was able to. First of three weekends in a row I'm working, so no joy for me.

Man, I'm striking out here! The wife & I were planning on riding this weekend, but she's coming down with a cold or something. 🙂

Either way, I'll need some single track practice before Trollhaugen so either I'll be riding a weekend or two or playing hookie again and hoping it doesn't rain.

Anyone up for some singletrack riding tomorrow? I'm thinking either Arkansaw or Nemadji. 🙂

Well, you wont be riding Ark today. They are closed for a private event.

You guys should go on the Thielman trail ride if you feel up to skipping bruno. It'll be a load of fun and you could get a weekend of practice in.

Anyone up for some singletrack riding tomorrow? I'm thinking either Arkansaw or Nemadji. 🙂
I coulda woulda shoulda! But I'm taking my, ahem, day of rest after a 6 day work week...but man what a perfect day to get out. Are you going up to Akeley next weekend, Tom?

Well, you wont be riding Ark today. They are closed for a private event.

Yup, I see that. Grrr...... 🙂

You guys should go on the Thielman trail ride if you feel up to skipping bruno. It'll be a load of fun and you could get a weekend of practice in.

I might do both, but I certainly won't miss the race.

I coulda woulda shoulda! But I'm taking my, ahem, day of rest after a 6 day work week...but man what a perfect day to get out. Are you going up to Akeley next weekend, Tom?

Yeah, I know. 6 day work weeks aren't much fun, especially when they are every week.

I might hit up Akeley on Saturday. Not sure on that yet since I'd spend more time driving to/from there than actually riding. That would make for a long day.

We also have tickets to the nationals at Millville for Sunday.

Either way, I'll need some single track practice before Trollhaugen so either I'll be riding a weekend or two or playing hookie again and hoping it doesn't rain.

Shawn,

I'd be up for some singletrack practice too - maybe we can meet up somewhere. I need to use a few days of vacation too so given a little notice (couple days) I might be able to make it out mid week.

I guess I'll have to mount up the bark busters to the CRF and give that a shot. I bet Nemadji will be shredded after this week-end from the Pros.

Souns good Matt. You'll be driving right past my house (almost) if you want to go to Nemadji. I'm going to be working on the YZ this week, so I could probably squeeze out a day of hookie next week. I've never been to Nemadji yet, but always looking forward to it. Heck, even if it rains, should be good practice so long as it doesn't close down the trails.

Souns good Matt. You'll be driving right past my house (almost) if you want to go to Nemadji. I'm going to be working on the YZ this week, so I could probably squeeze out a day of hookie next week. I've never been to Nemadji yet, but always looking forward to it. Heck, even if it rains, should be good practice so long as it doesn't close down the trails.

I don't know all the trails up there but I do know enough to keep us busy for a few hours before we start looking at the maps and asking other riders where the best trails are. Let me know about the hookie day as I need to give at least 4 days or so of notice. I could easily get off a Friday though...

I bet the ruts will be deep - I wonder if the any of the sponsoring Clubs will reconstruct the trails after a huge event like the Nationals\ Enduro

Maybe someone on here knows?

Hey, even a few hours of single track is plenty good. The hare scrambles are only 1-2 hours long at best.

Straight Arrows is sponsoring the Enduro and I know a few things but won't say until after the national. I know they'll be doing some maintenance and cleanup as it was discussed at their last meeting.

Let me get my YZ together and I'll give you a heads up on when I'm planning on playing hookie.

Oh, and in addition to the bark busters, make sure your bike has a spark arrestor and will pass 98db. Possibly even 96db testing. Thus why you saw me at Bob's on Saturday buying packing material for the cans. If you're running stock exhaust, you can buy a pro moto billet end cap. The silnt insert doesn't help much, but does some.

Hey, even a few hours of single track is plenty good. The hare scrambles are only 1-2 hours long at best.

Straight Arrows is sponsoring the Enduro and I know a few things but won't say until after the national. I know they'll be doing some maintenance and cleanup as it was discussed at their last meeting.

Let me get my YZ together and I'll give you a heads up on when I'm planning on playing hookie.

Oh, and in addition to the bark busters, make sure your bike has a spark arrestor and will pass 98db. Possibly even 96db testing. Thus why you saw me at Bob's on Saturday buying packing material for the cans. If you're running stock exhaust, you can buy a pro moto billet end cap. The silnt insert doesn't help much, but does some.

Sounds good - it'll be nice to mix it up in the woods again - too bad they don't have a national caliber MX track up there to play on too!

Yep, already have the PMB end cap w/spark arrestor and quiet insert - the packing in the muffler doesn't have many hours on it so it'll be about the best you can get.

I knocked out 68 miles in Nemadji on Tuesday, and while there was some soft rutted spots, it wasn't that bad-maybe 2% of the total mileage I hit were wet, but none bad enough to push-peddle-paddle through for me....Mrs and the kid....well, short bikes, short legs, deep ruts....you get the idea.