Sign in to follow this  

Golden Eagles trailride sept. 6th & 7th in MN

The Golden Eagles MC club will be Sept. 6th & 7th as previously stated. Its in Thielman MN and its the same weekend as the hare scramble but I was told it would be alot more fun, so Im skippin out.

From goldeneaglesmc.org:

Where:

Take County Road 4 either north from Hwy 42 near Plainview, MN or south from Hwy 60 to Theilman, MN. Take County Road 86 Northeast through the town of Theilman. You will come to a Y about 1.5 miles down 86. Stay right at the Y to the campground/signup area. It will be well arrowed so just follow arrows. Camping available at staging area, no hook ups but there will be a charge for camping at all DNR campgrounds in this unit this year. This charge is per camping unit (5 folks in a tent or 1 in an RV is the same charge, for example), not a per vehicle charge. The DNR camping fee is $15 per night for 2006.

Start Time:

8:00 am to 6:00 pm on Saturday

8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Sunday

Trailride Cost: (We accept Cash & Checks, no cards please)

Adults: $20.00 per day, $30.00 for both days.

Ages 13-17: $10 per day, $15 for both days.

Kids (12 and under): $5.00 per day, $5.00 for both days.

Additional costs:

AMA District 23 has stated that trailriders will need to be members of the district. There is a $10 trailrider card per family and it covers minors. They will be available at the event. Full AMA District 23 memberships will also be available. You will not need to buy one if you have any other AMA District 23 competition card.

DNR camping fee of $15 per camping unit (tent, RV, etc).

AMA membership - $39 yearly

Terrain:

We have about 45 miles of trails not including forest service roads. 15 miles of river bottoms (nice open trails) and 10 miles of woods 2 track that is all suitable for both bikes and ATVs. There is also about 20 miles of single track which is not open to ATV's. All trails are marked and range from easy to challenging.

Two mini areas right next to the campground provide lots of fun for the little guys.

Requirements:

AMA Membership

DNR Registration Decal

Machine must pass a sound check of 96 db or less

USFS approved spark arrestor

machines WILL be sound tested and if you dont have a helmet, you dont ride.

Anybody wanna maybe skip out on the HS or clear the calender to come and hangout/ride with us?

its really close to us! It would be crazy to not go for at least the 6th!

Once you get there, I'm willing to bet you won't want to leave to race on Sunday!

Oh yeah, and Jbusa - I'll look for you (and your pops?) down there for sure. We should have a pretty good group of people, too, if you want to join up. For this one, I usually try to get there Friday night, so Saturday is all about riding....

Alrighty!

2 Hondas with a red jeep and a shiny GSXR sticker on the back window.

Once you get there, I'm willing to bet you won't want to leave to race on Sunday!

Oh yeah, and Jbusa - I'll look for you (and your pops?) down there for sure. We should have a pretty good group of people, too, if you want to join up. For this one, I usually try to get there Friday night, so Saturday is all about riding....

do you live around Thielman? If you do, we should go ride at Trout Valley or Spring Creek sometime!🙂

do you live around Thielman? If you do, we should go ride at Trout Valley or Spring Creek sometime!🙂
No, I actually live on the north side of the metro. But, wouldn't mind checking out some new spots - but are we talking MX? I'm not a big MXer but would love to check out Spring Creek if I could and not get killed out there!

The Theilman trail ride is awesome. I will be there Saturday morning thru Sunday afternoon. Anyone know if they've fixed the bridge yet?

No, I actually live on the north side of the metro. But, wouldn't mind checking out some new spots - but are we talking MX? I'm not a big MXer but would love to check out Spring Creek if I could and not get killed out there!

aww, im sorry! I meant SNAKE creek. 🙂 Its quad trails, but its very fun. Im not an MXer either, but its fun to play around on moto tracks. Me and my dad get to go to spring creek for free 3 times because they're customer appreciation days for our dealer.:D

The Theilman trail ride is awesome. I will be there Saturday morning thru Sunday afternoon. Anyone know if they've fixed the bridge yet?

I havent seen any updates on the bridge.

Everything I've heard says the bridge won't be repaired for the fall ride either. So, you gotta haul from one side to the other or be plated. We had plenty of fun on the trails off the main campground last year, but I think I'll still want to take a trip and ride the rest this time.

I want to say there were 15mi of trails on the main campground side. The river bottoms section was the best. Not sure on mileage but it was 10min of really fast, flowing trail. The other side was much more challenging and longer.

Does anyone have info on how to access the trail on the other side of the river? Just wonder how far you would have to trailer or ride to get to the more technical trails. Maybe someone has it on google earth or something ?

It's about a 15min drive from the main campground to the other side. You come back thru Theilman. It is no big deal plus you have arrows to follow.