Sign in to follow this  

Okay Michigan Trolls, whose up for a White cloud trail ride 23AUG08?

So far it's just me and Ericinmichigan, come see me take the BRP out on a trail for the first time, be there to point and laugh, watch me eat dirt, see me humiliate myself and laugh about it.

Seriously, who's up for some trail riding? We can work out the details later.

I'm near Grand Rapids, Ericinmichigan is from Marne, who else feels the need?? Oh yeah, if your riding a XRL, you get bonus points for riding to the destination:ride: 🙂

• Like 1

1TRAK, Mr. Frugal, and myself maybe rustic camping that weekend in the area. We plan to arrive Friday evening, and dual sport all day Saturday. I will post up some details later.

1TRAK, Mr. Frugal, and myself maybe rustic camping that weekend in the area. We plan to arrive Friday evening, and dual sport all day Saturday. I will post up some details later.

Now we're talkin!!!! I only know where the trail head is off of M20. It would be great if we could all meet up.

Maybe and maybe not. Not sure about work yet. It sounds good. When I know for sure I will let you guys know for sure. I will probably trailer my bike up there though. Its a little far for me to ride the way my bike is set up.

How far do you guys plan on going? Just go up the loop and back or did you guys want to go up the MCCCT trail part of it as well? Has anyone been there before? Is it whooped out or pretty smooth?

Maybe and maybe not. Not sure about work yet. It sounds good. When I know for sure I will let you guys know for sure. I will probably trailer my bike up there though. Its a little far for me to ride the way my bike is set up.

How far do you guys plan on going? Just go up the loop and back or did you guys want to go up the MCCCT trail part of it as well? Has anyone been there before? Is it whooped out or pretty smooth?

I have NO idea where this trail goes and what condition it is in, it is listed as an intertermediate trail. It's listed as having some rolling hills, sand and woods riding. I'm going to get a map from the local bike shop that shows all of the trails in MI before we go up, just to get an idea of where we are at. I also have a Lowrance iFinder that I will carry as well to get exact location. As for how long we will ride, I think that's up in the air. At my age, I'm not too wild about riding in the dark anymore, so I want to leave with enough light to make it back before dusk(when the deer start to move) I've had extremely close encounters with deer on my street bikes and feel that if I drive at night I'm only tempting fate. One time I could have reached out and slapped a doe on it's rump, it was so close. That was in the morning.

Here is the trail head as it goes North http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/hmnf/pages/Recreation/Baldwin/bwc_m20_atvmoto_map.pdf

Here is where the trail picks up on the North portion of the first map http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/hmnf/pages/Recreation/Baldwin/bwc_O_atvmoto_map.pdf

I have NO idea where this trail goes and what condition it is in, it is listed as an intertermediate trail. It's listed as having some rolling hills, sand and woods riding.

Info, video and more on White Cloud here:

http://www.vvmapping.com/trails/whiteCloud.html

With links that show where it connects to other trails..

VV mapping is a very nice site and detailed. I also like the short videos that some of the trail maps have. The trail is a orv trail and the top section that branches off is the MCCCT trail and it does require a license plate. It connects up with the Big O trail that then connects up with others.

VV mapping is a very nice site and detailed. I also like the short videos that some of the trail maps have. The trail is a orv trail and the top section that branches off is the MCCCT trail and it does require a license plate. It connects up with the Big O trail that then connects up with others.

You have a GPS that can download those maps? I was going to bring my iFinder, just to get an idea of where the heck I am.

So far we have, FlatrackJim, Ericinmichigan, n8sjh.

No I do not have a gps it is on my list of things to get over the winter. I do have a Michigan Off Road Guide book which shows basically the same maps. Only thing it does not show is some of the MCCCT trail connectors. Its a big book that I got at the book store back when I had a jeep.

I went to the local bike shop today to pick up one of there waterproof maps and found out they only had the East side of the state. I hope they get some in soon. Worse case, I can print them off of the DNR site. I'll bring my iFinder GPS, it doesn't have any of the trail system on it it's better than nothing. We can at least have it track our trail to follow back if need be.

9:30 am 🙂:D

So is anyone riding this weekend at all? Not sure what I am doing yet for sure?