Sign in to follow this  

What could be the problem ??

Hey guys, Recently i went for a enduro ride on my 2005 RMZ450 and came upon a problem after falling and crashing the bike on its right side on a steep hillclimb.

Upon hitting the ground the the handlebar dug into the ground and the throttle got stuck on full revs bouncing on the revlimiter for about 3 seconds. After i picked the bike up a noticed a puddle of oil on the ground which seemed to be coming from on of the pink tubes under the bike. I waited a few minutes and the bike started normally and ran as it usually does. There was no more oil leakage after that However at home i did have to replace the lost oil. PLEASE explain what could have happened as i have never encountered this before.

possibly oil leaked out of breather pipe when you went down. i would consider giving your bike a good service and check over before riding again. cheaper than a new top end if there is an issue.

Could have been fuel from the carb overflow. I dumped my wifes RMZ250 today climbing a hill and over a rock. At first I thought that I cracked the clutch cover because it really looked like oil but after closer inspection it was fuel.

oil out of the vent seems to be it, and once again i assure you it was not fuel as i did touch it with my fingers to make sure. 100% oil

i have an o5,mines did that in the same scenario,all i did was do a service after that ride,and hasnt happened since(untill i fall again at least) lol