Sign in to follow this  

YES ! Totaly new CRF450 for 2009 !

First of all....There is alot of people on this forum who know a person ,who knows a person who has a connection with the person who lives next door to Honda´s secret headquarter.

But I have talk to some dealers in Sweden, I have listen to those of have proven before that they have some usefull information on this forum...like huffster and those guys.

I´ve also mailad one of the biggest and oldest MX mags in amercia and got a very interesting answer by the man J.W (people who have been around the sport for a while knows who I mean)

This is what we can expect from the 2009 CRF450:

1. Totally new frame and plastic. :D:worthy:

2. KYB suspension 🙂

3. Fuelinjection :ride:

Those 3 things am I 99,9% sure of. :banghead:

Any pictures

Sorry, we have to wait. Looks like until september .🙂

First of all....There is alot of people on this forum who know a person ,who knows a person who has a connection with the person who lives next door to Honda´s secret headquarter.

But I have talk to some dealers in Sweden, I have listen to those of have proven before that they have some usefull information on this forum...like huffster and those guys.

I´ve also mailad one of the biggest and oldest MX mags in amercia and got a very interesting answer by the man J.W (people who have been around the sport for a while knows who I mean)

2. KYB suspension 🙂

I dont think it will be all three.. Just seems like a lot of change in one year.. Maybe two of the three..We can skip the EFI..But all three will be good too!

I belive the bike will be a lot more $$$ as well

Are you refering to Jason Webb with Dirt Rider?? (my neighbor)

I dont think it will be all three.. Just seems like a lot of change in one year.. Maybe two of the three..We can skip the EFI..But all three will be good too!

I belive the bike will be a lot more $$$ as well

Are you refering to Jason Webb with Dirt Rider?? (my neighbor)

No ..... ever heard of Jody´s Box ? Then you know which mag and person I mean.

No ..... ever heard of Jody´s Box ? Then you know which mag and person I mean.

gotcha motorcross action !!!

Seems like the new 450's are going to be getting closer and closer to 10k.

I think Ill keep my 450 forever, or get a CR500.

It seems this way. The current value of $ versus other currency has to put a mark on it. And you are totaly right. With price increase CR500AF totally makes sense. I guess that's why SH is selling a lot of them to Europe. CRF450 out there is close to $11k, of course if some countries.

I hope they're not trying to make this sport so exclusive as it is in over there.

Still can't wait to see the new bike. I won't need it since I'm more than happy with my 08.

Cheers.

Well, I hope all this is true:thumbsup: , but I don't know how we are going to afford it all:eek: . Hey HRC,,,,does your "buddy" hear anything on pricing? I'm guessing close to 8k:crazy: ......

its gonna be a sweet bike but i think ill stick to my 05. 8k is ridiculous. a CBR600 is only bout 9k. in a few years ill buy a used one if they seem to be ok bikes (like no problems). with so much new stuff theyre bound to have one issue or so. i know theyre Honda but still, the first TRX450Rs had a bearing problem in the engine. its possible.

2. KYB suspension 🙂

Wow, I guess we can now assume this is fact after all the "work" you have put in. Did Jody write you back a letter telling you this?

$10k??? If they are $500-$1,000 more than the other major manufacturers, they won't sell many at all! I bet similar pricing to the other big guys, maybe a bit more, but not much. This economy wouldn't support it, as well. Just my 2 cents.

$10k??? If they are $500-$1,000 more than the other major manufacturers, they won't sell many at all! I bet similar pricing to the other big guys, maybe a bit more, but not much. This economy wouldn't support it, as well. Just my 2 cents.

leisure items (bikes, boats, jet skies, etc) don't have the same price elasticity of demand as consumer items necessities. If they did, prices never would have been able to go as high as they already have.

Bikes are a different category altogether, regardless of the economy. That's not to say that you'll see record sales, but the overall trend won't be dramatically impacted by the economy. They are already priced too high so the trend will continue. We won't stop riding as a result.

Man! I was putting a deposit on an 08 for cost price after my 06 was stolen.. But fuel injection!! I think I will wait for the 09.

Any release dates yet??

leisure items (bikes, boats, jet skies, etc) don't have the same price elasticity of demand as consumer items necessities. If they did, prices never would have been able to go as high as they already have.

Bikes are a different category altogether, regardless of the economy. That's not to say that you'll see record sales, but the overall trend won't be dramatically impacted by the economy. They are already priced too high so the trend will continue. We won't stop riding as a result.

I don't count most prebread mx bike sales as "leisure items" at all. For many, they are a way to make a living, or try to. For some, like me, sure they are things I don't need and are leisure items.

Budgets are already stretched for many who own them so stretching them more with a higher initial price followed by what I asssume will be higher maintenance and repair costs wouldn't be good for sales.

I don't count most prebread mx bike sales as "leisure items" at all. For many, they are a way to make a living, or try to. For some, like me, sure they are things I don't need and are leisure items.

Budgets are already stretched for many who own them so stretching them more with a higher initial price followed by what I asssume will be higher maintenance and repair costs wouldn't be good for sales.

I'm not sure how you can say that many consider having a purebred MX bike as a way to to make a living. Maybe for 0.5% of those that buy one.

People said that no one would buy a snowmobile that was over $10gs. Arctic Cat said screw it, threw a bunch of titanium at their King Cat, put a price of $11,500 on it and sold the heck out of 'em. Now all of the sled manufacturers have big iron that is well over the $11,000 mark. I was tickled that I could get a smokin' deal on my last sled because I rolled it out the door for $9000!

If the new Honda costs as much as we all think it is going to, but is an evolutionary step over everyone else's bike, they will still sell a majority of the bikes they produce. If they don't, then they will start to drop the price (or have a big promo program) to increase sales. Unfortunately, if they sell (and I think they will) then you can be that all of the other manufacturers will raise their prices.

$8000 K FOR AN 09 .... if ONLY we were so LUCKY in Canada ... the 08's were selling for $8500 LAST YEAR :worthy::ride::banghead: :banghead:

If the 09's sold for 8K up here, we would be happy:applause:

Here is another humourous tidbit for you ... when I bought my 08 (for that great MRSP price), I thought I would put it all on Mastercard to collect some air miles. The dealer would only allow me to put a maximum of $3000 on the card because they "LOSE" too much money via Mastercard. What's the deal ??? 🙂:D