Sign in to follow this  

WR-R have kickstand kill switch?

Hey guys... does the WR-R have a kickstand kill-switch? One that will kill the engine if it is in-gear and the kickstand goes down?

I had a DRZ-S and had to defeat a switch like this, which is actually very dangerous in off-road situations.

Like you're bombin' along some whoops... and the downwards forces are causing the kickstand to slightly come down... the kill-switch thingy temporarily comes on.... some un-announced compression braking induces some gnarly un-expected handling behaviours that come outta nowhere.

Was the same with landing from a jump too. Very Dangerous.

So I just wanted to know if it's the same way with a WR-R?

Also...has somebody written-up how to bypass?

Thanks Guys. 🙂

Generally, I think you take the two wires that go to the kill switch, cut them, and twist together. Solder them or use whatever method you prefer to keep the wires from becoming disconnected. It might also work that if you cut one of the wires, your problem will be solved.

A non-functioning kickstand kill switch could also kill you http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366493

Moral: take the kickstand off the bike. Have you ever heard of a kickstand saving someone's life? 🙂

It does have the kill switch, but I, and other, have

already removed it.

Just take the two wires and cut them from the switch, then

solder them together.