Sign in to follow this  

Supermoto Anthony Hart accident....(Carey's brother)

This is from H&H's myspace page......

The questions have been coming so we would like to announce that Anthony Hart, younger brother of Carey Hart passed away yesterday after a practice crash in preparation for Saturday evening's Doug Henry New England Grand Prix at Stafford. Hart was 21.

Hart, who was riding for the Rockstar/Hart & Huntington KTM in the Supermoto Lites class, suffered fatal head injuries when he high-sided on the paved third turn of the oval portion of the race course.

Our deepest condolences go out to Tony's family and friends during this time of sorrow.

R.I.P

6283.jpg

hartfamily.jpg

tonyh.jpg

tony-1.jpg

tonycarey.jpg

My deepest condolences! May he rest in peace and may GOD comfort his family!

what does it mean when "he high-sided on the paved third turn of the oval portion of the race course?" RIP Anthony

what does it mean when "he high-sided on the paved third turn of the oval portion of the race course?" RIP Anthony

He was apparently riding supermoto. Highside: back wheel starts to slide out, suddenly hooks up and tosses the rider over the top. Usually slamming said rider into the ground. Typically the worst crashes to have on pavement. RIP...thoughts are with the family.

He was apparently riding supermoto. Highside: back wheel starts to slide out, suddenly hooks up and tosses the rider over the top. Usually slamming said rider into the ground. Typically the worst crashes to have on pavement. RIP...thoughts are with the family.

oh ok. isnt that how most of the paralyzed riders get hurt like david bailey. i mean like supermoto on pavement?

my heart goes out to the hart family, the team and team doug henry, it was very heavy being there. pretty much since it happened too.

i was sittin near his dad and manager, team, at the time too. i saw tony earlier in the day and thought how new and fresh his tats were, esp. compared to his dad and managers. he was proud of them and showin them off.

2 things, maybe im not the one to say this but.....

as i watched, then thought of how the show continued, i thought, i just saw a man die, u could hear it in the announcers voice, probably as he got the news. i didnt really look at anyone in the stands, i assume most didnt know how bad it was at the time, maybe im wrong?

but my thought was, how does the AMA handle this. i know its touchy at the time but to not acknowledge it didnt seem the most respectfull to the man. i mean, jeeze. u saw a man die on the track. maybe there should be thoughts on how to handle this?

the 2nd is guard rail, dont let tonys life pass in vain. lets ban it from all tracks, then all the highways. ive road ridden for 30 years and always think what if? on guard rails. ive heard stories. i rode back from conn to de. there are miles on it. its time to change that.

i hope someone reads this and sees the wisdom in this and makes it happen. ill be the first to sign the petitions to make it happen.

godspeed dude, sorry i didnt say hi and comment on your tats.

fast old guy.

I ride occasionally at Doug's house, so i decided to help him out and work this event. So I knew what had happened, and the entire day I was waiting for the announcer to say something. I know that the announcer was spoken with numerous times about the fact that he must say something about the matter. Instead, he just continued to sing Doug's praises and ignore the matter, which I'm sure didn't make Doug feel any better. I can only assume that the way that the situation was handled was the descision of the AMA.

As for the guard rails, I don't really know what to say. There was a Nascar type race the night before, and they only started to pack up at 1 in the morning. At that point there was NOTHING there. No ramps, no dirt section, no hay bales, no course markers, no podium. We all worked through the night, straight through to the morning. I know that the dirt section was only finished at maybe 11 on the morning of the race. Removing the rails would not have been possable, and even if it were, that would only expose bare concrete. This event wasn't half assed. I had been up for 34 hours, and I know that Doug had been up for at least 3 days, trying to make this thing work. If anyone would understand the dangers of the sport, it would be Doug, and no one would go to greater lengths to make a safe race than Doug. There was a pile of hay bales and tires no more than 6 feet to the left of where Anthony crashed. It just wasn't expected.

That being said, I feel terrible about what happened. Rest in peace Anthony Hart.

RIP tony. i got to the race shortly after this happened and i never knew about it until the end of the lites race when the race was dedicated to him. i heard a few rumors earlier but couldnt believe it.

wow.. RIP, at least he died doing something he loved :-\

very true, thats how i want to die