04 450 Husky popping and dying. Please Help!!

Hey guys, PLEASE HELP!!, I've recently had my 04 tc450 rebuilt. today was its first ride. I got it rebuilt because it was loosing water and it kept popping and dying instantly. A few mins later i would just press the button and it would fire right up :D it would do this constantly and i thought the head gasket had gone so thats why i had the rebuild. Anyway i put it all back together, made sure i had the standard jetting and done the air mixture to what the manual says. Rode it today and the same thing happens!! ? massive pops and dies instantly. A few mins later fires up fine! is it running to lean? what else could it be? this is starting to hurt me now! had to get the trusty yz out of the shed so i could have a hassle free day of riding! Hope you guys can help. Its running a 175 main and 35 pilot like the manual says and the air mixture is 1 3/4 turns out as the manual says (hower i have tried to adjust this to no avail). Help!!

I spoke to my dad earlier and he said my little bro's beta trials bike used to pop and he had the coil re-wound, he said it was fine after this, the bikes running standard jetting so i should'nt have any issues there should i? have you come across this before with huskys then? rung husky and their qouting £310 for a new coil and i can get it re-wound for around £25!! I'l give it a go and see what happens. Cheers ?

I own a HUsky and am not familure with any cronic electrical issue but it does sound like that could be the issue but first try one test, when it does this and hopfully it is quite! Remove the vent hose from the gas cap and see if you get a sound of air hissing out. KTMs have and issue there that the tank is so close to the exhaust/head etc that the gas gets hot, this expands the gas faster than it is being burned off so the gas becomes pressurized and this sinks the float. Because of this the KTM 4 strokes will not work with a check valve in the cap or in the vent hose. The Husky has the one in the hose so I have wondered if they will do the same but they also have a little more air flow under the tank. My prefference would be to not have the check valve, then have the vent hose longer, it needs to go down to below the exhaust!!!

It might be worth a try because it looks like the float in the carb was stuck as it was pissing fuel out of the bottom, its a pain because i've had two husky's now and i've had nothing but trouble and a majority of people i speak to say their suppost to be reliable!!