Sign in to follow this  

power ? ?

what are these bikes like in terms of power ? i know you can make them sound monsterous but are they fast ?

thanks

andz

When i had one,myself and five or so other riders did some drag races up a long slight hill.They were all on 250 YZs & CRs and my DRZ would be about two bikes back.

no i didnt buy it yet im goin to view it on wed i think i will buy it i just wanna know what there like ? i never rode one before thats all ?

lol yeah i just sold my gsxr 750 wanting to get back onto a dirt bike i had ktm 125's and a yz 125 years ago tho

haha all round are these bikes good tho ? i mean if i want something i can use on and offroad is it recomended say over something like a ktm 400 or a xr 400

the DRZ is a crap bike. Slow, heavy, unreliable. And they are ugly 🙂

seriously now, you're asking for an unbiased opinion from a bias group?

I'll do my best though. They are good bikes, not too spendy, a little slower in stock form than some others, but very reliable and a lot of aftermarket support. Best bang for the buck IMO

Compared to my CBR1000RR it's a dog.

BTW...

I think I've ridden the 1000 about once since getting the 400SM, that's how much fun it is!

ha yeah thats what i am after ! a bike that is fun to ride ! im only 23 and i want something i can go anywhere on ! depending on the mood i am in ! haha

I owned every major brand of dirt bike. 4 strokes, 2 strokes, dual sports, off roads, and motocross. I even raced motocross for a total of 6 years. leaving in the amateur 250cc class on a CRF450R, that was a few years ago. I was riding since 8 years of age (I'm not some only bike ever owned DRZ die hard) I can ride the DRZ faster than anyone in the woods around me on 450's and I'm not biased. If your a casaul trial rider the DRZ is for you, this bike is bullet proof it's not a little attention whore like a race bike with all those hours working on it and its fast enough for the trails. You kind of have a differant approach to it, it grips better than a moto bike, has a long smooth power and it's a tad heavy but if you ride it like an offroad bike and get your head out of moto land the DRZ is a great bike, depending on the rider it can move. I seen locals riding around on them and you wonder if they ever rode a bike before but not I, I push that crap to the max to where I'm going so fast the only thing slowly me down is how well I can keep the bike from going off the trail, where your using ur max brain power for every foot in front of you to figure how your going to stay alive. The price is right and there is a ton of things to make this thing fly. My DRZ is faster than my last owned 450. It's really nice in the woods now but if I just did a few little things to it I would be just as happy. 🙂 too each their own but I like the DRZ.

Stock it's about 35HP a lot shy of s 450 but it's a nicer trail bike and a few cheap things can get it going nice. It has low end power tho the main lack is in top end and a little in the mid pull.

I think the drz is about the best bang for your buck, I have the sm. I ride with my younger broyher who has the aprilla 550 and my friend who just got the husky smr 510. The drz isn't as much as a racer as italian bikes but I hang right with thoes two guys, for a few grand cheaper.

I bought my S new in june`06. Thought I just need a bike to comute on, and must be reliable. Searched the forums, and though all said it`s slow, they all agread on it`s reliable, and can be made to go fast. That was it 4 me....the drz it was. Thought i`d never mod it heavy........well that lasted 1 1/2 year...then fcr and 440...Next month...the whole meal deal at Eddies shop. It is addictive and a hoot to ride.

Erling